The Student Room Group

Which one should I choose?!

Hello everyone! I am really struggling to choose between two courses from two different unis. I hope you guys can offer me some advice!

I have recently entered Psychology with sports and exercise science by University of Exeter as my clearing choice and Exeter has always been my first choice. However, I recently received an email from University of Reading stating that they can offer me a place in their Language Sciences and Psychology course.

I’ve always liked biology and linguistics, so both courses are very appealing to me. I know that in terms of uni ranking, Exeter ranks higher than Reading. Locational wise, Reading is much preferred as my younger sister is also studying in Reading atm. My parents think that studying the language sciences and psychology course will offer more job opportunities in the future (they wanted me to go for speech and language therapy at first but I couldn’t meet the requirements lol).

I really hope you guys can offer me any advice from any aspects you like! Thank you so much!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hayley1211_
Hello everyone! I am really struggling to choose between two courses from two different unis. I hope you guys can offer me some advice!

I have recently entered Psychology with sports and exercise science by University of Exeter as my clearing choice and Exeter has always been my first choice. However, I recently received an email from University of Reading stating that they can offer me a place in their Language Sciences and Psychology course.

I’ve always liked biology and linguistics, so both courses are very appealing to me. I know that in terms of uni ranking, Exeter ranks higher than Reading. Locational wise, Reading is much preferred as my younger sister is also studying in Reading atm. My parents think that studying the language sciences and psychology course will offer more job opportunities in the future (they wanted me to go for speech and language therapy at first but I couldn’t meet the requirements lol).

I really hope you guys can offer me any advice from any aspects you like! Thank you so much!

Which course do you prefer? They sound quite different, so you must have a preference. I don't think there's any real difference between Exeter and Reading in terms of general prestige (whatever rankings say), and frankly employers don't actually care that much anyway.

Quick Reply