Marxism in Dorian Gray Watch

callejaemily
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have chosen to study The Picture of Dorian Gray for my coursework and I would like to take a Marxism approach but I cannot think of a question to start my essay.

Any suggestions would be great...
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
username2424985
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by callejaemily)
I have chosen to study The Picture of Dorian Gray for my coursework and I would like to take a Marxism approach but I cannot think of a question to start my essay.

Any suggestions would be great...
https://www.yorknotes.com/alevel/eng...ary-approaches

Have you looked at that? It looks quite good. I googled the title of this thread and quite a few results showed up.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to English
Eleanor T
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’ve chosen to study this too. I thought of perhaps going along the lines of looking at how Owen’s class and status etc... influenced the book or how the reader can easily see the gaps in the text. Basically looking at bias but I honestly haven’t got a clue. Aagggg English Lit is so stressful!
shakespeare27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i've chosen to do the same thing for A-level courswork, try the relationship between Lord henry and Dorian alongside the relevance of the Vanes as the only real representations of the proletariat. The comparison between the marxist opinion on art and the Aesthetic movements opinion on art as well.
Eleanor T
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m kinda thinking to do something like this. I tried pulling together an intro.

To what extent do you agree that Oscar Wilde’s presentation of the arts, in the picture of Dorian Grey, is a representation of “the faults of society” in relation to the Victorian social hierarchy.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Eleanor T; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.51%
Excited (156)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.89%
Terrified (380)
22.22%
Meh (168)
9.82%
Confused (37)
2.16%