The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackblackmoreRLS
Hi I got 4A*4A2B GCSE, and A*AA achieved at A2. My UKCAT was 2910. I think this makes my offer calc score 8.75. Do you think that’s likely to mean an offer in the next cycle?

Not sure about your scoring, as I make that a maximum of 8.056, based on last year's UKCAT points (depends on your GCSE subjects). This is around last year's cut off, but given the change in GCSE to UKCAT weighting this year, I suspect you should be OK
Thanks. I got A* in English language, B in English Literature, A in maths, A* chemistry, A biology, A* Physics, And A* Business. I make that 4+1+2+4+2+2+2, which is 17, which scales to 4.25/6. The website says UKCAT this year will place you in a decile higher, so I should score 4/4 for UCAT. This gives me 8.25, so hopefully the cutoff is below that 😬. Do you think they take achieved a levels into account at all?
Thanks. I got A* in English language, B in English Literature, A in maths, A* chemistry, A biology, A* Physics, And A* Business. I make that 4+1+2+4+2+2+2, which is 17, which scales to 4.25/6. The website says UKCAT this year will place you in a decile higher, so I should score 4/4 for UCAT. This gives me 8.25, so hopefully the cutoff is below that 😬. Do you think they take achieved a levels into account at all?

My score on the old calculator was 7.778 and I’ve already had the interview... but then again, my school is on the contextual list
Ah my school that I went to was definitely not on any contextual list at any uni, which doesn’t help my cause.
Ah my school that I went to was definitely not on any contextual list at any uni, which doesn’t help my cause.

Ah right.... the cut off for standards is normally above 8 but for someone like me it would have been around 6-7
I’m going to call on Monday just to check as I’ve heard a lot of people say it went to spam, but I’m aware that it can take until mid feb so
I’m not too worried
No updates for internationals yet?
anyone got an interview offer recently ?
Reply 368
Original post by Shihab19
No updates for internationals yet?

My counsellor says they'll come out by next week, so fingers crossed!!
Did anyone get an email from Birmingham saying Interview confirmation-book your place now and then it just said that some people will need to wait till March to get an offer
Original post by Khushi.S
Did anyone get an email from Birmingham saying Interview confirmation-book your place now and then it just said that some people will need to wait till March to get an offer

Yes - this is mentioned up thread - I think this is Birmingham's "hold" letter - they might have sent offers to outstanding candidates (although they did intimate at the interview that they would not send out offers till mid Jan), and might have rejected some weaker candidates but the others are on hold until they see some of the later interviews. Bristol do a similar hold letter.
I got an interview offer and I’m international

Stats:8A*s
Ukcat: 2650
Just to let you know they’ve started sending it 🙂
(edited 5 years ago)
great, interview invitation!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by YihuiCheng
great, interview invitation!

What was your ukcat, also are you international?
yeah, international. 2690
Original post by thomaslan123
What was your ukcat, also are you international?
Got my interview too, International here.
Does anyone know what dates can we choose from in this round?
Reply 376
Original post by Prulsh865

They'll send an email tonight with the dates
Original post by Prulsh865

I got my interview too as an international student. Just 4 hours ago.
Can anyone tell me how long the interview takes? As in how much time u have to spend on campus on interview day if u take a morning slot. I am asking this because I want to know if I can book flights same evening to leave
Got an Interview invite today. I think mainly A2B and International applicants got their invites this week.

Latest

Trending

Trending