Have your say: How to start writing your CV while you're still at school

Watch
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Even for those who have reached senior levels of their chosen careers, putting achievements down on paper can be pretty daunting.

So when you are still at college or school, the thought of filling two sides of A4 to create a killer CV may seem like Mission Impossible - particularly when you’ve never had a job and your list of achievements is limited to your exam results and a couple of weeks of work experience.

But it's worth starting your CV now - even if you're not looking for work straight away

Read the full How to start writing your CV while you're still at school article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I definitely think it’s a good idea to start your CV as early as possible - sure, you’re unlikely to have much work experience, but once you get started most people will be surprised by how many job relevant skills they have already developed.
16hayhurstm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is the are format you should do your cv on or just on a word doc
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree. My secondary school made us create our CVs in year 10/11 which at the time seemed kind of pointless. But it’s been very helpful over the years to just add bits in and move things around, rather than completely start from scratch when I’ve needed it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise