Proof of English language problem - PLEASE HELP

Watch
DanGG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Problem: I need to prove knowledge of the english language for my british citizenhip application.
--> GCSEs, A-levels (which I have) don't count as proof (stupidly).

Question: Can I ask for my university to provide me with proof that I am studying on a course that requires knowledge of the english language?
Gov.uk says I need a degree certificate, but my degree is still WIP, so I have no certificate...

If not, then: Do I need to take an IELTS test? (That would be incredibly stupid since my first language is English, I have A* in english lit, and have been in the UK since 2009)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DanGG)
Problem: I need to prove knowledge of the english language for my british citizenhip application.
--> GCSEs, A-levels (which I have) don't count as proof (stupidly).

Question: Can I ask for my university to provide me with proof that I am studying on a course that requires knowledge of the english language?
Gov.uk says I need a degree certificate, but my degree is still WIP, so I have no certificate...

If not, then: Do I need to take an IELTS test? (That would be incredibly stupid since my first language is English, I have A* in english lit, and have been in the UK since 2009)
I have just looked at it and yes it seems bonkers. I might guess that the IELTS covers a wider range of English usage rather than just writing essays. It also covers spoken and aural comprehension.

In terms of degree then the only letter i think will help is if you have completed the degree and are awaiting graduation. before that I dont think you can say you have a degree because it is incomplete. that was my reading of it. You will have to run it past the helpline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads