Final year Law modules???

Watch this thread
Lulu98
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m a final year law student at Reading and i’m in dilemma of choosing the modules. If anyone had taken any of these modules I would appreciate ur opinion.

medical law
Revenue law
Jurisprudence
Company Law
International human rights law
International law
Intellectual Property Law
employment law
Discrimination Law
Criminal Justice
environmental law
Criminology
Surveillance,security and the state
Commercial law

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lulu98)
I’m a final year law student at Reading and i’m in dilemma of choosing the modules. If anyone had taken any of these modules I would appreciate ur opinion. I am good in writing essays so im thinking of choosing essay based modules but im not sure which modules. These are the list of modules, help me decide 4 of them...

medical law
Revenue law
Jurisprudence
Law and business
Company Law
International human rights law
International law
Intellectual Property Law
employment law
Discrimination Law
Criminal Justice
environmental law
Criminology
Surveillance,security and the state
Commercial law

Thanks

You need to look at your syllabus to decide which has essays or not. Different unis have different exam formats.
The only one I think will be essays is jurisprudence and that is not to everyones taste nor is it the easiest. very interesting though.
Criminology is likely to be essays as well.
GR law might have some essays as well.

Surveillance,security and the state could also have the odd essay.. have you looked what the descriptions are on the website.
As for mix of essay to problem questions then ask some final year students or the lecturers or go to the intro lecture.
Its possible for any of them to have an essay question it just depends on your unis exam format as to whether they do.

I would be picking the subjects you will get the best grades in.
Lulu98
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You need to look at your syllabus to decide which has essays or not. Different unis have different exam formats.
The only one I think will be essays is jurisprudence and that is not to everyones taste nor is it the easiest. very interesting though.
Criminology is likely to be essays as well.
GR law might have some essays as well.

Surveillance,security and the state could also have the odd essay.. have you looked what the descriptions are on the website.
As for mix of essay to problem questions then ask some final year students or the lecturers or go to the intro lecture.
Its possible for any of them to have an essay question it just depends on your unis exam format as to whether they do.

I would be picking the subjects you will get the best grades in.
Thanks for the advice. Ive checked and looked at the syllabus and i will ask the lecturers soon when the course starts in September. Its just the jitters cause its my final year and i want it to run smoothly. Im just nervous..but once again thanks for your take on the modules.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lulu98)
Thanks for the advice. Ive checked and looked at the syllabus and i will ask the lecturers soon when the course starts in September. Its just the jitters cause its my final year and i want it to run smoothly. Im just nervous..but once again thanks for your take on the modules.
The exam format could be 3 hour paper 4 problems question, 3 problem 1 essay etc. In a lot of subjects its possible to set both, so past papers will give you the clue.

Rather than just rely on essays, you might consider who is the lecturer, and whether the subject interests you. Some areas are more difficult than others imo and some involve greater volume of work.
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'd pick something that interests you.. You're more likely to score well doing modules that you genuinely find interesting and would like to practice in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (96)
68.09%
No (30)
21.28%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise