The Student Room Group

Question on being an entrepreneur

Howdy :smile:.

Is an entrepreneur only a solo business?
I am a bit confused at what the word entrepreneur fully means and when you cannot use this title.
Can an entrepreneur be in a partnership, so two entrepreneurs? Or does that take the entrepreneur title away?

Can they be in a ltd or plc company?

Thanks
Reply 1
I am a bit confused at what the word entrepreneur fully means and when you cannot use this title.
Can an entrepreneur be in a partnership, so two entrepreneurs? Or does that take the entrepreneur title away?

Thanks

Anyone who starts a business can be labelled an entrepreneur, even if all he or she does is start it and leave it to someone else to run. The person who runs the business is usually called the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Yes, an entrepreneur can definitely be in a partnership. In a partnership, all the entrepreneurs are also called partners, and they usually share the liabilities equally.
Yes, entrepreneurs can start an LTD or PLC company.
Reply 2
Original post by osasman

Thanks

Anyone who starts a business can be labelled an entrepreneur, even if all he or she does is start it and leave it to someone else to run. The person who runs the business is usually called the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Yes, an entrepreneur can definitely be in a partnership. In a partnership, all the entrepreneurs are also called partners, and they usually share the liabilities equally.
Yes, entrepreneurs can start an LTD or PLC company.

Thanks
Reply 3
I think you have to join Star Fleet first.
Although solo entrepreneurship is the most efficient way of creating and running a business, entrepreneurs can form partnerships and act as co-founders. Solo entrepreneurs execute more control over their business and don't share profit, which arouses stronger associations with a romantic image of an entrepreneur. However, entrepreneurs still have to learn and gain experience from partners and teammates; so, they don't necessarily work alone. The word 'entrepreneur' is overused today because almost everyone wants to be classified this way. Strictly speaking, you can call yourself an entrepreneur if you have organised a business that pays for your living. Ltd and plc are legal designations of companies, which were founded by entrepreneurs, but this list is not limited only to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending