The Student Room Group

Does the clearing offer have to be verbal?

I applied through online application form on university’s website, sent my qualifications and got an offer by email. Entered the choice on Track, but haven’t had any updates.
Really worried now, as I was initially rejected with the reason being that I don’t meet entry requirements(even though I surpass them). After emailing them, I got my offer within 15 mins with no explanation whatsoever.
Original post by gilver.s
I applied through online application form on university’s website, sent my qualifications and got an offer by email. Entered the choice on Track, but haven’t had any updates.
Really worried now, as I was initially rejected with the reason being that I don’t meet entry requirements(even though I surpass them). After emailing them, I got my offer within 15 mins with no explanation whatsoever.

If you got something via email, that should be fine. If they've given out lots of offers, it may be taking the uni a bit of time to process everything!

People usually say verbal offer as most clearing stuff is done over the phone but every uni has their own system.

If you haven't had an update by, say, midday tomorrow, I would ring the uni, as track will freeze again on Monday until Thursday, so it would be good if they could sort everything tomorrow.
Most universities steer away from making verbal offers now (since the CMA guidance came out 2 years ago). They might say "we'll be making you an offer" on the phone but that offer wont be officially made until it's sent through via email with the detailed T&Cs.

If you've got an email and you added the choice on Track within any deadline specified on the email then you're fine.
Hi all,

You'll find that many universities, including Aston, have introduced a clearing system through social media. You can message them your details and begin to discuss the potential of being offered a place. But make sure to check the university's website and social media to see if this is a service they offer!

Hope this helps! :smile:

^Sadie
(Final year BSc Marketing student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending