The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Drama schools?

I'm applying for three Drama schools through UCAS itself, but three others are through its individual applications and one of them is through UCAS Conservatoires.
I was just wondering if I had to do loads of personal statements for each individual place of application (one for UCAS, one for UCAS Con one for LAMDA etc..)

I reckon copying and pasting them would be wrong, wouldn't it? Eventhough it's my individual words I'm still copying?

Original post by Supposed
I'm applying for three Drama schools through UCAS itself, but three others are through its individual applications and one of them is through UCAS Conservatoires.
I was just wondering if I had to do loads of personal statements for each individual place of application (one for UCAS, one for UCAS Con one for LAMDA etc..)

I reckon copying and pasting them would be wrong, wouldn't it? Eventhough it's my individual words I'm still copying?

If LAMDA are the only one reading the PS you send to LAMDA, you can personalise that one to LAMDA, why you want to study there specifically etc. Same with the one institution you apply to through UCAS Con.:smile:

Check that UCAS can't do you for plagiarism for similarity between applications through the main application system and the Conservatoire application. I'm not sure whether this might happen or not.:unsure:
@alleycat393, do you know?:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
If LAMDA are the only one reading the PS you send to LAMDA, you can personalise that one to LAMDA, why you want to study there specifically etc. Same with the one institution you apply to through UCAS Con.:smile:

Check that UCAS can't do you for plagiarism for similarity between applications through the main application system and the Conservatoire application. I'm not sure whether this might happen or not.:unsure:
@alleycat393, do you know?:redface:

Thanks for the mention. Sadly I don’t actually so it would help to know. @PQ do you know?
You can’t be done for plagiarism if it’s your own work. It’s fine to use your own personal statement more than once for different applications. I had several versions of mine for different drama schools as they each had different requirements, but with large sections exactly the same and I had a UCAS one too. It was absolutely fine to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending