Master Degree options for 1st Class BSc Psychology student?

Watch
YellowBird100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just graduated with a 1st in Psychology from Coventry University and I have 5 years work experience some from PWC , law firms, counselling center and mentor related stuff. Am I realistically able to get into top unis for MSc marketing, HR, psychotherapy? My a levels are poor with3 Cs in History, Psychology and English.

I have a module at 80% and first in dissertation if that helps.

Also, is it worth taking a GRE?

Top uni I mean LSE, St Andrews ect... I know Oxford and Cambridge are out of the question.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All the info you need is online.

Work out what you want to do first then decide which degree will best help you get there.

Why do you think that about Oxbridge?
MarcovianProcess
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a first in psychology from the OU.
I've chosen not to continue with psychology directly; instead, I'm going to Edinburgh Napier to do MSc Computing. I'm interested in applying psychological knowledge to user experience.
YellowBird100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
All the info you need is online.

Work out what you want to do first then decide which degree will best help you get there.

Why do you think that about Oxbridge?
Well lot's of people applying for Oxbridge would have 1st class degrees from better institutions I would have to do something pretty exceptional to stand out.
YellowBird100
Rep:
?
(Original post by MarcovianProcess)
I have a first in psychology from the OU.
I've chosen not to continue with psychology directly; instead, I'm going to Edinburgh Napier to do MSc Computing. I'm interested in applying psychological knowledge to user experience.
How are you finding the course and what are your career prospects after? You haven't really answered my question tbh.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YellowBird100)
Well lot's of people applying for Oxbridge would have 1st class degrees from better institutions I would have to do something pretty exceptional to stand out.
Why do you think that?
MarcovianProcess
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How are you finding the course and what are your career prospects after? You haven't really answered my question tbh.
I rate my career prospects more highly by doing this than I did in the other two offers I got.
Jgradschool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A 1st is a 1st. It's worth a shot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads