Eve clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,Could any one tell me if I need to buy the exact versions of the books on my reading list for university. For example, the list is very specific, and asks for a book published in 1963, with a specific editor etc. But this version of the book is almost three times as expensive as the one published later. Does it matter which one I get? Do I have to stick very closely to the specifications or...?Cheers!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Eve clark)
Hi,Could any one tell me if I need to buy the exact versions of the books on my reading list for university. For example, the list is very specific, and asks for a book published in 1963, with a specific editor etc. But this version of the book is almost three times as expensive as the one published later. Does it matter which one I get? Do I have to stick very closely to the specifications or...?Cheers!
Wait until you start to get books, then you'll know if you even need to buy all of them and if it's important to get a specific version, also your university is likely to have an online library catalogue so you can know now if they have plenty of copies of some of the books. If you'll only use a book once or need it for a week or two at a time then the library should be more than enough.
Eve clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay, thanks for your help
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't buy any.
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

After seeing your doing english, i take what i said back. your gonna need book for english im guessing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed