The Student Room Group

Unhappy with my apprenticeship.

Hello internet people.
Well I've been doing an business administration apprenticeship for the past 7 months and i hate it. The work place im working in just uses me to do the jobs no one wants to do. They've made me feel so depressed to the point I've had to go to the doctors to get signed of work for a few weeks and made me feel worthless. Since I've started I haven't really felt that it's boost up my skills that I already had before I started and I haven't really done any work that is direct to customers and I feel like that isn't right at all.

Should I look for an next job or should I stick at it for the last 5 months even though it's really effecting my health and mental health.

Any advice would be most appreciated thankyou.
Do you have a tutor to speak to?
Have you asked for more responsibilities? Your health is always the priority. We all have to start from somewhere and once you gain the employers trust they should expose you to other stuff.
Did the jobs you’re doing at work (the ones nobody wants to do), were they advertised on the job spec? If not then sit down with your manager and discuss where you can go forward from this point. And that you might have been “mis-led”.

Your health is the most important thing here, considering you’ve actually had to go to the doctors it must be pretty terrible. I’d say speak to someone your close with who will be able to give you some solid advice. If you hate it THAT bad, leave, find a part time job in retail whilst looking and applying for something you’re really interested in doing. Life is too short to be feeling depressed about an administration job! If you feel you’re capable of doing more then go and grab it, then again, you have gained business experience so this may help you in your new job search. Good luck.
Original post by TheBigShort
Did the jobs you’re doing at work (the ones nobody wants to do), were they advertised on the job spec? If not then sit down with your manager and discuss where you can go forward from this point. And that you might have been “mis-led”.

Your health is the most important thing here, considering you’ve actually had to go to the doctors it must be pretty terrible. I’d say speak to someone your close with who will be able to give you some solid advice. If you hate it THAT bad, leave, find a part time job in retail whilst looking and applying for something you’re really interested in doing. Life is too short to be feeling depressed about an administration job! If you feel you’re capable of doing more then go and grab it, then again, you have gained business experience so this may help you in your new job search. Good luck.

Thank you ever so much you've sort of helped me. And you're right about life is too short, I really agree. I'm going to think it through some more and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending