Struggling with Cold War
BusinessExpert
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobaoba)
Struggling with Cold War
I never did History at GCSE. However, I reckon the best way would be to create mind maps with all of the important facts and consequences - note anything down which will help you increase your knowledge.
EagleKingdom
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are various methods you can use for revision on History:

1. The first, and obvious answer is to ensure that you know the facts of the Cold War. It is important to know key dates, figures, events and so on. It is totally up to you on how you revise to remember this information as each person is different and will have a preferable method. Personally, I like to read, and continue to re-read everything until it sticks in my head, usually within a day of revision is when quite a lot of information stick with me. That was the best way for me, and I'd go on repeat but it can be quite boring. You can create mind maps, flashcards etc but I did not enjoy creating them as I found them quite useless but others might not and it may work for you!

2. You should definitely look for some past papers to do and practice on how to answer questions, ensure that you know how to structure an answer correctly for different marks, as higher mark questions require a more detailed response. The PEEL method is the most commonly used and it's pretty much the best way to structure a sentence, I'm sure your teacher must have taught you this.

Point, Evidence, Explain, Link.

3. If you need assistance on how to construct a good response to a question and receive the most marks, ask your teacher for help and I'm sure they will be able to give you a detailed explanation on how to do it for each question.

If you need more help then ask
anya_lau
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobaoba)
Struggling with Cold War
Im not doing the Cold War for my GCSE, but I revise by writing flash cards with questions on one side and answers on the other. Summary timelines are often helpful, my history teacher went through the whole of the Dictatorship and Democracy section in one lesson to help us make a timeline, maybe you could ask your teacher to make one or if not, just make one yourself. Do some past paper questions and make sure you know how to answer questions. To recall your knowledge try using a mind map with a topic and writing everything you remember like when the event happened, what it was, why it happened, the effect it caused, who involved etc. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (578)
34.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (690)
41.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (336)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (76)
4.52%

Watched Threads