Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I - as a prospective student starting this autumn - would appreciate it - and some other applicants perhaps would - if any current Lancaster students could give an insight into what Freshers'/Welcome Week is like there, such as what usually happens on the first day, the typical events and all the rest. I haven't come across anything online about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not a student, but I watch this lady's videos on Lancaster University as I did get in this year and I might still reapply next year (decided to do something different this year).

This is her video on Fresher's week specifically:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNIJuxBLVgY&t=2s

You may find her other videos particularly helpful for other events such as uni exams and other uni events at Lancaster.

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you've already seen this, but here's all the events for this year's Fresher's Week: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/welcome-week/
    See you in October!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sycaphore)
    As the title says, I - as a prospective student starting this autumn - would appreciate it - and some other applicants perhaps would - if any current Lancaster students could give an insight into what Freshers'/Welcome Week is like there, such as what usually happens on the first day, the typical events and all the rest. I haven't come across anything online about it.
    Hi Sycaphore,

I am a current student at Lancaster and just about to start my final year of studying.

Welcome week is a great week full of fun acitivities. As justine.b kindly shared, we have a huge list of events taking place during this week (this list will be full updated closer to the time).

Welcome Week is the best week for meeting new people and making friends. All flats will be given a Welcome Week Rep who will be there to help you to settle in and answer any queries you have. They will help you to meet your flatmates and will take you to the events you wish to go to during the week.

During Welcome Week, we have a fair in the Great Hall which shows all of the different societies you can join. We have SO many socieities here at Lancaster so there will definitely be something you're interested in and if not, there is the opportunity to make your own!

There are many organised events during Welcome Week within your chosen college and this will help you to meet people in smaller groups so it is less daunting. I remember when I first joined University that I loved the college approach as it was much easier to talk and meet new friends.

If you have any more questions just let me know and I hope this post helps you.

Georgia
    Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies! It's left me a little less worried; I won't be stepping into the great unknown as much now!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sycaphore)
    Thanks for all the replies! It's left me a little less worried; I won't be stepping into the great unknown as much now!
    You don't need to be worried! I know how you feel as I came from a tiny school but honestly everyone is so friendly and you'll settle in really quickly

Georgia

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.