NATWEST Select Account (Everyday Bank Account) for International Students Watch

cyw1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, anyone knows if International Student are able to open a Natwest Select Bank Account?

I tried searching AND searching to no avail. The only mention of International Student is on their Student Account which charges £10/Month which i dont want.

I want the free / no monthly fee ones but it doesnt state if International Students are eligible for it or not.

Anyone has any idea if it is possible?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by cyw1994)
Hi, anyone knows if International Student are able to open a Natwest Select Bank Account?

I tried searching AND searching to no avail. The only mention of International Student is on their Student Account which charges £10/Month which i dont want.

I want the free / no monthly fee ones but it doesnt state if International Students are eligible for it or not.

Anyone has any idea if it is possible?
The international student account and the £10 charge I think is new. it used to be free.
I believe you can open a select account as long as you are 18+ and a UK resident. Your nationality is not mentioned just that you are a UK resident i.e you love there as your home on a semi permanent basis.

Other banks will have international accounts and should be free as well. You just dont get the perks that UK students get
cyw1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The international student account and the £10 charge I think is new. it used to be free.
I believe you can open a select account as long as you are 18+ and a UK resident. Your nationality is not mentioned just that you are a UK resident i.e you love there as your home on a semi permanent basis.

Other banks will have international accounts and should be free as well. You just dont get the perks that UK students get

Thanks! I didn't know as well! I just went to their website last night and surprised to see that charge per month! Was taken aback.

Anyway, does an International Student, like me, whom is on a Student Visa constitute as a UK Resident? I am actually not at all into those perks. I just need a bank and it seems Natwest is the best as of now.

I just don't see the worth paying 10GBP / month for NATWEST's Student Acc (International) for a few perks. I would rather choose their "Select Account" which is free and yet function the same, except without the Student Perks.

Right now, I just hope I will be able to open a "Select Account" with them...
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by cyw1994)
Thanks! I didn't know as well! I just went to their website last night and surprised to see that charge per month! Was taken aback.

Anyway, does an International Student, like me, whom is on a Student Visa constitute as a UK Resident? I am actually not at all into those perks. I just need a bank and it seems Natwest is the best as of now.

I just don't see the worth paying 10GBP / month for NATWEST's Student Acc (International) for a few perks. I would rather choose their "Select Account" which is free and yet function the same, except without the Student Perks.

Right now, I just hope I will be able to open a "Select Account" with them...

It wasnt there last year as far as I recall and they are hiding it behind free Amazon Prime.

Yes from when you are living here as your home. there are other banks besides Natwest
I wouldnt worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads