theo1jinx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been recently accepted to study MSc Human Resource Management with CIPD pathway at the University of Birmingham. Is such a masters degree worth it or am I better off just completing the CIPD qualifications?. How it compares with a masters in Organisational psychology?
Also what are the graduate prospects of this degree in the UK? Can you get straight into HR with the Masters qualification or you need further accreditation? Finally how can I boost my chances of finding a job in HR straight after graduation?

Thanks in advance
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by theo1jinx)
I've been recently accepted to study MSc Human Resource Management with CIPD pathway at the University of Birmingham. Is such a masters degree worth it or am I better off just completing the CIPD qualifications?. How it compares with a masters in Organisational psychology?
Also what are the graduate prospects of this degree in the UK? Can you get straight into HR with the Masters qualification or you need further accreditation? Finally how can I boost my chances of finding a job in HR straight after graduation?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I did a similar course at Aston business school which included the CIPD (that's the most important bit). All HR professionals are expected to have a CIPD now. Do you want to work in HR afterwards?

Also have you worked in HR at all yet?
theo1jinx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks for your response.

I studied psychology as undergraduate and I grew fascinated with the way psychological principles are used in business. I chose to do a HRM degree rather than an Organizational psychology course as I'd prefer to work within an organization instead of as a consultant. The course in UoB seems ideal as it gives you a head start by getting you CIPD certified. However how easy is it to upgrade your license to higher levels? Also, I haven't worked in HR as I'm going for Masters straight after my UG however I've worked in hospitality for a while. Do you reckon it would be easy for me to find work if I join some voluntary/ practical programmes during my time at Uni?

Finally how are the graduate prospects currently in the UK for this principle?

Looking forward for your response.
Bhavnab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, did you end up joining the masters in HR from UOB? I'm applying for the same course currently and was wondering what's it like!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (49)
29.88%
No (115)
70.12%

Watched Threads