ANM14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm trying to complete an EPQ on plastic pollution in Antarctica but I don't know how to find reliable research sources. Can anyone recommend any books, journals etc that I can use?
Thanks
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ANM14)
Hi,
I'm trying to complete an EPQ on plastic pollution in Antarctica but I don't know how to find reliable research sources. Can anyone recommend any books, journals etc that I can use?
Thanks
That sounds like a really interesting topic

I'd recommend looking for articles on Google Scholar and Science Direct; I often use these for my university work. I'd also suggest visiting the websites for different environmental journals (e.g. Environmental Pollution, Environmental Research) to see whether they've published any open access articles on your topic. National Geographic might also have information you can use.

If you can, using a technique called 'triangulation' helps when validating information - it involves looking for the same information/conclusions in separate pieces of research. This was something my EPQ mentor encouraged me to do when I was in college.

I hope that helps
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
https://www.bas.ac.uk/media-post/pla...than-expected/

Work from there.

Leviathans advice is very good. I had a quick look and theres plenty of information on the internet and you can supplement that with additional articles and papers.

Your first task is to get a reliable overview and then you can go for depth.

Also consider sites like New scientist, nature, Greenpeace, the UN.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
36.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.22%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.65%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.7%

Watched Threads