Deciding on Crash Highers

Watch this thread
Jade45
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, for my highers I want to take English, Biology, Business Management and Higher history (this is a crash higher, that I’ve already started).
However, I need one other subject and this will probably need to be another crash higher. I am best at “literacy based” subjects like English, history, business management. I’m considering geography but not sure. Also is taking two crash highers going to be too demanding?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Some subjects have little overlap with the national 5 coursework so crashing them shouldn't be too much work(my friend was mentioning that when she took modern studies to higher there was only a tiny section which related to nat 5).
I'd ask your teachers at school how much work it'll be
Jade45
Rep:
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Some subjects have little overlap with the national 5 coursework so crashing them shouldn't be too much work(my friend was mentioning that when she took modern studies to higher there was only a tiny section which related to nat 5).
I'd ask your teachers at school how much work it'll be
Yeah, it’s the same for history as it’s different topics from n5 compared to the higher topics. modern studies seems interesting, however I’m going into 5th year and would take crash higher modern studies but at my school you’re only able to take it as a higher when in 6th year for some reason.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jade45)
Yeah, it’s the same for history as it’s different topics from n5 compared to the higher topics. modern studies seems interesting, however I’m going into 5th year and would take crash higher modern studies but at my school you’re only able to take it as a higher when in 6th year for some reason.
I reckon the most catching up you'd need to do with history is maybe how they format the essays(I'm pretty sure they have a particular style you're meant to do it in) but that shouldn't be too hard. I know geography has overlap with n5(from friends who did it from n5 to higher) but I think you could catch up. You definitely will have some time to.
That's annoying about mods but if geography and history interest you then do them.
Jade45
Rep:
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
I reckon the most catching up you'd need to do with history is maybe how they format the essays(I'm pretty sure they have a particular style you're meant to do it in) but that shouldn't be too hard. I know geography has overlap with n5(from friends who did it from n5 to higher) but I think you could catch up. You definitely will have some time to.
That's annoying about mods but if geography and history interest you then do them.
Yeah, you’re correct about formatting of the History essays but luckily I had done the first year of Nat 5 history in 3rd year (dropped it before going into 4th year) so was already a bit familiar with this, and have already wrote a higher history essay before summer and it seemed okay. But yeah hopefully geography isn’t too hard to catch up on if I do decide to take it up. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (3)
100%
It went fairly well (0)
0%
It didn't go too well (0)
0%
TERRIBLE! (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise