The Student Room Group

I got AABC in higher...am I done for?

Hi I’m new here. I got AABC in higher and the BA Art course I want to apply for in Edinburgh is ABBB. Next year I am studying advanced higher art, advanced higher RMPS, higher photography and higher philosophy. Should I bother applying there or am I done for? (The 2 A’s were in art and music).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by turningtroubles
Hi I’m new here. I got AABC in higher and the BA Art course I want to apply for in Edinburgh is ABBB. Next year I am studying advanced higher art, advanced higher RMPS, higher photography and higher philosophy. Should I bother applying there or am I done for? (The 2 A’s we’re in art and music).

@Labrador99 is the expert on highers as they are deity of all things Scottish. However, I don't think your chances are miles off.

I'd try to be positive. Art is your best grade which is a good thing. :yes: And your advanced higher in art should help a lot because you'll be wonderful at it.:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
@Labrador99 is the expert on highers as they are deity of all things Scottish. However, I don't think your chances are miles off.

I'd try to be positive. Art is your best grade which is a good thing. :yes: And your advanced higher in art should help a lot because you'll be wonderful at it.:smile:

Thank you so much for this pick up! Defo not gonna give up now!!
Hi I’m new here. I got AABC in higher and the BA Art course I want to apply for in Edinburgh is ABBB. Next year I am studying advanced higher art, advanced higher RMPS, higher photography and higher philosophy. Should I bother applying there or am I done for? (The 2 A’s were in art and music).

I think it looks like you have a decent chance. Entry for arts courses is often more focused on your portfolio/interview than grades, so I would focus on building a strong, varied portfolio and I think you will definitely have a chance of getting an offer.

That's a good set of grades, so you are definitely not done for! As the others have said, it's really positive that you have an A in art and are taking it to AH in S6, alongside other subjects through which you can add to your great grades from this year. And a good application in other respects, like the portfolio will really help your application :smile:

Original post by 04MR17
@Labrador99 is the expert on highers as they are deity of all things Scottish.

Thanks for the tag :hugs: Wouldn't go that far though :redface:
Original post by Labrador99
I would, Nicola.:yep:
Original post by Labrador99
That's a good set of grades, so you are definitely not done for! As the others have said, it's really positive that you have an A in art and are taking it to AH in S6, alongside other subjects through which you can add to your great grades from this year. And a good application in other respects, like the portfolio will really help your application :smile:

Thank you so much for the reply. This has taken a lot of panic out of my head and is allowing me to focus on developing a good portfolio!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending