Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I came to this site for study help and to ask about questions relating to students.
However, I have noticed it mainly features people starting threads on hateful and ignorant debates e.g against religious people and ethnic minorities in particular. or people posting a whole lot of sexual content/questions.

Who exactly is student room aimed at children in secondary school or young adults in higher education? Also, does anyone know of any alternative websites to recommend for GSCE students?
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean it’s for everyone I guess. Mainly students of course. There’s plenty of revision sites but this is the only place for student forums.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There may be some threads which you find offensive or not relevant, but overall TSR is a great place to get advice on school/Uni related issues.

The questions about sexual related issues are a normal feature of TSR since there's literally a sub-thread for sexual related health issues. The site is here to help students with a wide variety of issues, not just academic.

I would personally say TSR is aimed at Year10+. You don't hear many users asking about if their SATS grades are good enough for X. :P I believe the majority of users are potential Uni students and Uni students.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I came to this site for study help and to ask about questions relating to students.
However, I have noticed it mainly features people starting threads on hateful and ignorant debates e.g against religious people and ethnic minorities in particular. or people posting a whole lot of sexual content/questions.

Who exactly is student room aimed at children in secondary school or young adults in higher education? Also, does anyone know of any alternative websites to recommend for GSCE students?
It's designed for students. That pretty much means GCSE to doctorates etc. I would guess that the majority of users are probably secondary school and college, but there's a big mix including mature students.
We have different forms for different topics including GCSEs (and subforums fur specific subjects), debate, sexual health, disabled students and games. If you're finding that threads aren't what you're after I suggest you browse the forums a bit and search within those to help find things more like what you're after.

Hope that helps. If you need any help navigating the site or anything feel free to ask (you can tag users by typing @ followed by their username). I'm an ST which means I volunteer on the site helping out. You can spot STs by their purple username so if you ever need anything they should be able to help or point you in the direction of somebody who can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (130)
29.95%
No (304)
70.05%

Watched Threads