Discord to launch its own digital games store

Watch
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...own-game-store

Available from today... to a small number of people in Canada as part of a beta test. But it'll be interesting to see how this goes.
Plasmapause
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not too fond of the subscription model. I suppose it is cheaper then buying a bunch of games for just one month, but there doesn't seem to be any 'interesting' games on there at the moment. Kinda worried if a decent game becomes exclusive only to that platform *cough* Halo, Uncharted *cough*
ThatNiceGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Steam tried to compete with Discord by introducing their own re-make of Discord Servers. Now Discord is trying to create their own game store to compete with Steam. I would never choose to use Steam over Discord for communication but wouldn't choose to use Discord over Steam to buy games. People have spent too much on Steam to decide to switch to Discord like my Steam account is worth £700 so I would just stick with Steam.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Competing with steam is hard, MS failed and still are to be honest. There windows store is so bad, no one uses it unless it is the only place to buy something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed