The Student Room Group

How much does a girl's look matter to guys?

Be hones tho...

Scroll to see replies

Not much. Personality first.
They will say no, but they mean yes.
(edited 5 years ago)
Bit more than it does for girls i think
A fair bit. They won't admit it tho lmao
Original post by TheAlchemistress
They will say no, but they mean yes.

Not all guys. I would rather date a interesting but average girl than a dull but beautiful girl. Relationships last on love not on looks
Tbh when people say “I only care about personality, not about the looks” well that can’t be possible as sexual desire(I think that’s what it’s called?) plays a part of it.
Damn
Reply 8
Looks pull you in and personality keeps you.

Anyone who says they only care about personality are lying for the moral high horse or look like a gremlin themselves.
I consider all girls as dateable if i can get a good convo with them lol. The thing is I may not find someone attractive but after speaking to them i get attracted to their personality, so for me not so much.
Reply 10
I'd say 44.35% looks, 55.65% personality

Like I've said before no point dating a model if the convo is only a hello from both sides
(edited 5 years ago)
lmao who are these guys kidding? Im a dude and its 100% looks 0% personality. 99% of guys date and even marry a model if she looked good, regardless of how dumb, lazy, b1tchy etc. she was.
What are the deal breakers?
I’d say it’s about 60/40 (looks to personality). Put it this way, a guys more likely to date an amazing looking girl with not the greatest personality than the other way around
I agree with the 70/30 (maybe even push to 80/20). I've dated girls who look great but with no personality, and rejected girls who look bad but have great personality.

Still, some guys don't care about looks.
51/49 but you don't know which I favour more. Haha...
Reply 16
Original post by _depleted
That doesn't add up to 100.

Perhaps a "hello" is all you can offer.

It does now 😁

Perhaps or maybe there is not much similarities between the two that sparks a conversation.

Guess you must be one of those people who got a dead personality if you took such offence to that post of mine. 👍🏼
I'd say 50/50 for me, but I have high standards for both.
I wouldn't date a girl if I found her physically unattractive to be honest, but if I saw a girl I like but they had a trash personality (or was incredibly dull) I would 100% not go for it. Therefore looks aren't 100% what counts.

P.s. Never go for the crazy ones, you do not f**k crazy.
Looks fade eventually, so it’s all about the personality for me, people are more attractive if they have a nice personality!

Quick Reply

Latest