Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    best university to study psychology

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...s?s=psychology

ReputationRep:
    Can i just ask what are your plans with doing a physcology degree? What would you do when you graduated? Only asking as from my experience (which is not a lot, so you could ignore my advice), a physcology degree is not really that useful. Loads of my friends studied physcology and none of them actually do anoything to do with physcology now, one works for OCR exam board, one works as admin for dental office, one dropped out after first year and is doing a pharmacy apprenticeship amongst other jobs but none actually relating to physcology. If you actually wanted to be a phsycologist or a doctor who studies that stuff and diagnoses patients with drugs etc, you usually have to do a 5 year degree in medicine first. Just seems to me like there could be much more useful degrees to do? Doing something relating to the job you want to do when you gradutate helps? Of course its not necesary but it really does help a little bit, to be honest you could prbably get any job with any degree (except the top stuff like medicine, law, vet med etc.) but just a word of warning to maybe look into it first and consider your options? You may already know this, in which case do physcology as you may have a plan i dont know of but thought i should say. And like i said i don't know a whole load about it just going from experience- which is that i know many people who have done or are doing physcology at uni and none i know of are actually doing anything related to physcology

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.