The Student Room Group

Does a girl asking you to see a movie imply romantic intentions?

If a girl suggests seeing a movie with you, is it more likely platonic or romantic? Is seeing a movie with a girl one on one, initiated by her, to be seen as a date? I suggested we do something, she suggested a movie.

We are friends, have known each other for less than two months. Have good chemistry, a lot in common, joke around a lot and text most days. We’ve hung/gone out once before one on one

Scroll to see replies

Honestly could go either way mate
i only ask special ppl out to the movies
Reply 3
Yeah see it’s pretty hard to tell 😂 some people, like Rainfall would only really do something like that with someone they had interest in, and then ingrownhair has a point that some people would really do that with just a friend too.
Just ask her? See what she’s sees it as/how she feels about it.

You could also just go into it not expecting much but then feel out the vibe, DON’T put your arm around her, since you don’t know. But try getting close by whispering things to her and try lightly touching arms if she’s has hers on the arm rest. See how she responds.
Reply 5
What sort of movie? If RomCom, very likely
i suppose it depends on the movie....

Brokeback Mountain = just friends

Baise Moi = better go in the back row
Original post by Tcannon

Or she thinks she has found a gay best friend
Reply 8
Original post by Tcannon

Original post by the bear
i suppose it depends on the movie....

Brokeback Mountain = just friends

Baise Moi = better go in the back row

We have yet to pick the movie, she said she’d see what’s playing and pick what she wants to see. What if there’s no RomComs currently playing?
Reply 9
Yh bro

CAN'T YOU SEE?!

She wants to SMASHHH
Original post by SomMC1

Break the touch barrier & see how she reacts

Ermagherd that's like totally assault
Probs just wants to try the fruit salad tango ice blast.
Original post by SomMC1
Break the touch barrier & see how she reacts

Sort of hard when watching a movie, no?
Reply 13
Man. Just out of observation, i've noticed that a lot of people on this site overthink the situation and therefore end up doing something stupid or unnecessary... if I were you, just go with the flow man and just see what happens.
Maybe try touching her as in get your arm to rest against hers we do notice that, and put your arm in a way that she could touch it, and paying for her will send her the message that you see it as a date. If she offers to go halves just say no I’ve got it, and being gentlemanly in general open doors for her walk behind her etc
Original post by jdijx
Man. Just out of observation, i've noticed that a lot of people on this site overthink the situation and therefore end up doing something stupid or unnecessary... if I were you, just go with the flow man and just see what happens.

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. It’s just that when you go with the flow, sometimes the other person doesn’t even know you’re into them and nothing comes out of it. If I’d just ‘gone with the flow’ with my ex, we’d have never gotten together.
Original post by ingrownhair
Maybe try touching her as in get your arm to rest against hers we do notice that, and put your arm in a way that she could touch it, and paying for her will send her the message that you see it as a date. If she offers to go halves just say no I’ve got it, and being gentlemanly in general open doors for her walk behind her etc

The arm thing sounds like a good idea. If she puts her arm on the arm rest, then lightly touch arms, or have mine on the arm rest with lots of room in the case she’d touch me.

Paying for her; since we didn’t really set it up as a date would that not be crossing a line? I mean I guess yeah it would make my intentions clear but that could make the rest of the outing awkward if she declines/ makes it obvious she didn’t see it that way.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I’ve noticed that too. It’s just that when you go with the flow, sometimes the other person doesn’t even know you’re into them and nothing comes out of it. If I’d just ‘gone with the flow’ with my ex, we’d have never gotten together.

Yea, I get what you mean. I've also noticed that some 'desperate boys' go really quick and rush into relationships thus causing the other person to feel uncomfortable. Then again, I'm **** when it comes to advice... I just think the best thing thing to do is not to overthink the situation and allow things to happen naturally lmfao... and obviously have fun my mannnn, enjoy your young yearsss.
Depends if she wants to go with you.
Original post by Vinny C
Depends if she wants to go with you.

Well obviously she wants to go with me... othersie she wouldn’t have have agreed to hanging out again and suggested a movie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending