The Student Room Group

How much does a guy's look matter to women?

Inspired by the other thread.

It goes without saying that you have to be brutally honest. Go anon if you are not comfortable.

Scroll to see replies

I’m a guy first of all, from my experience I’ve asked out girls that are below average and got rejected and I’ve asked out above average girls and sometimes they dated me. So realistically you never know, it all depends on the girl and how she views you. Majority of the time girls secretly do care but they say they don’t to make you feel better.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Well the initial look of a guy might throw someone off if they are not their "type" but personality is what always comes through in deciding if they are interested or not
Reply 3
Well yeah I guess so but it shows that the guy isn't missing out on much if the girls too blind to see pass that
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Personality matters more. We are social animals lol we just dont simply look at someone and start having sex. Back in the day where I'd get looks from girls and sometimes they were literally signalling that I come up to them but I was too insecure and I had no personality. Even if you're attractive, you'll still need some charisma and personality for a one night stand since there exist a degree of social interaction from the club to your bedroom. Trust me this is coming from someone mosf girls would consider attractive.
Reply 5
Loads... but few will admit it. Personality comes into it after first or second contact but without the looks, you won't even get that far.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you’re ugly to me then nah. If you’re average but have a bomb personality then why not. But the buffer the better innit
Reply 7
I mean appearance fades... I’d say personality is more important but keep up the hygiene u kno
So long as he has sparkly eyes and is a sweet and caring boii ......he’s mine foreverrrr:h:
I am going to be completely honest as it does matter to me what my guy looks like. I want him well kept and not looking like a slob all the time. When I go out with him I want to say, Hey ladies this is my man.” and be proud to say it because he looks fine. Now that being said that is far from all I look for. He also must have a good humorous side to him but also can have those intellectual talks. I must also feel safe and secure with him always. I want him to be my Knight in shining armor. :smile:
Reply 10
it's important, we all know this, as are a girls looks to us.
Original post by Anonymous
So long as he has sparkly eyes and is a sweet and caring boii ......he’s mine foreverrrr:h:

To quote Jeremy Thorpe.
Never really bothered me if a girl (or a dude tho no homo) is 100% dead on looks - cant help what youre attracted to.
Reply 13
the thing is, when people look 'put together', i.e. well groomed, well dressed, it sends the message that they respect themselves and they're responsible. if you look sloppy and like you didn't shower, it sends the message that you can't take care of yourself and therefore can't take care of anyone else either. it turns girls off.

long story short, grooming matters more than if you have a perfect body and perfect face. that's why imho everyone has the potential to be good looking.
Okay this isn’t what you wanna hear but looks matter 100% to me anyways. If you don’t look good i will hardly spend time getting to know you and your personality. Of course personality counts but if I don’t find you physically attractive I’m not gonna bother.
If i find you attractive i will get to know you and i will decide from there if i still want to get to know you on a deeper level.
This isn’t what others think but yeah. :smile:
Okay this isn’t what you wanna hear but looks matter 100% to me anyways. If you don’t look good i will hardly spend time getting to know you and your personality. Of course personality counts but if I don’t find you physically attractive I’m not gonna bother.
If i find you attractive i will get to know you and i will decide from there if i still want to get to know you on a deeper level.

Pretty normal I guess. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if you look as a literal mess.

Actually that is what others think but you're the only one being honest.

Of course looks are the most important thing.
Original post by Professional G
Pretty normal I guess. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if you look as a literal mess.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Actually that is what others think but you're the only one being honest.

Of course looks are the most important thing.

I didn’t read what people had put before and i just assumed that people would have said looks aren’t the most important thing.
It is a bit sad but there needs to be the physical attraction otherwise what am i gonna be thinking all the time. ‘I like his personality but i wanna change his looks’ that’s not what a relationship should be like. There should be a physical and personality attraction.
I just keep repeating what others are saying oops. :smile:
I'm interested in personality and chemistry rather than flawless good looks.
I avoid hot young guys- there's no reason for them to choose a relationship with me.
Hot guys that look like models or hollywood actors have the pick of the dating world and know it- they wouldn't waste time on me.
Unless they were looking for a one night stand, home cooked meal or were religious zealots trying to convert me.

I'm turned off by liars, arrogance, tatoos and bad mannered gluttony.
It also helps if the guy does not share the most extreme characteristics of my father.
Personally, yeah it does. But not by that much. Personality does come into play massively, so if you don't look too good, you may stand a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending