The Student Room Group

Deferral

So I'm waiting until results day next week to see if I will meet my conditional offer into Durham but I have since decided to do a gap year, this is due to the fact that I'm hoping to save up some money because my student loan doesn't cover my full accommodation costs and with having to pay for food etc I'm concerned I'll be struggling financially while trying to study too. I am also hoping to kick off my transition as I am a trans guy. So I was wondering if anyone has ever deferred a year, I realise when I applied I applied for 2018 entry but I was considering ringing the University on results day when I'd know if I met their conditions or not and asking if I could defer for 2019 entry but I'm not sure if they'd let me or if I'd just have to withdraw and reapply again this year. If anyone knows anything along these lines that'd be a huge help! Thanks!
Phone up on results day and ask to defer it. I know someone who changed gheir mind an is now doing a gap year and they got their place deferred. Might vary from uni to uni but you can ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending