The Student Room Group

Don't know who to put as a reference?

I've never had a job before so all I can think to put is my school, but my application form says 2 references are required? Would a counsellor/mental health nurse count or are there better options?
Two school teachers?
Original post by rosewillow
I've never had a job before so all I can think to put is my school, but my application form says 2 references are required? Would a counsellor/mental health nurse count or are there better options?

Teachers is your best and only bet
I would recommend teachers or anyone from any clubs, volunteering or extra-curricular activities you have done
Original post by rosewillow

Are you a member of any clubs or societies etc? If so you could use someone from there.
Or could use either a family friend or some you know who is in authority.
If the worst came to the worst, maybe 2 teachers?
Reply 5
I agree with cheesecakelove. Talk to your teachers and ask if they would be a reference. You can put your counselor if he/she knows you well. Supervisors from volunteer opportunities and clubs are good, too. Anyone who knows you well. References should always be from a professional source that have worked with you in some way, if possible. Do not list friends and family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending