The Student Room Group

Friends turning against me

I was recently, very out of the blue, told by one of my friends that my entire group have decided they don’t like me. I had absolutely no idea this was happening as they made a separate group chat without me so they could ***** about me. They told me that I was ungrateful for their friendship and that I forced myself into the group. I don’t know what to do because they’ve told me they want to resolve the issues but now I’m questioning if I even want to be their friends after they’ve been behind my back. I feel like I’ll sort of have to resolve things and go back to the way it was because I don’t really have anyone else

Scroll to see replies

What year are you in?
Reply 2
If you did something wrong, then say sorry, get a gift for them. If they choose to reject it then that's their own problem.
If you didn't anything wrong, then call them out and ask why are they behaving unjustly. If they choose to make up good, if they don't choose to make up, leave them. It's better to be alone than have bad people around you.
I think it depends on what happened. Do your friends have legitimate concerns? If you want to remain friends with them, talk to them about what has happened and see if you can move on from this. If you feel that you would be happier without them, then so be it. You don't need to feel compelled to stay friends with them if you don't want to.
r u ****ing disabled man. they dont like you just find some new friends
Reply 5
Original post by Nasir.
get a gift for them

That is the worst thing to do man:lol: Find some new friends that don't ***** about you behind your back.
Original post by Anonymous
I was recently, very out of the blue, told by one of my friends that my entire group have decided they don’t like me. I had absolutely no idea this was happening as they made a separate group chat without me so they could ***** about me. They told me that I was ungrateful for their friendship and that I forced myself into the group. I don’t know what to do because they’ve told me they want to resolve the issues but now I’m questioning if I even want to be their friends after they’ve been behind my back. I feel like I’ll sort of have to resolve things and go back to the way it was because I don’t really have anyone else

They’re b****ing about you behind your back, and making up a load of rubbish as to why they don’t want to be friends with you, and making it seem like it’s your fault (which it clearly isn’t). I think they’re spiteful people, treating you in such a horrible way, and they don’t deserve your friendship.

In short, I think you need to move on from them, and find some kinder, better friends. If, having done that, they decide to cosy up to you again, then don’t be fooled. People like them never change.

Hope this helps.
Reply 7
Unless you did something that caused this (in which case you should try to fix it), you should leave them.

You can find new friends, but you shouldn't have friends who don't like you as it will only make it worse for you in the long run.
Reply 8
F*** them man, Get new friends.

These people ain't friends if they talking sheet behind your back
It's not worth resolving; TBH you should find new friends instead of hanging around with fake *****es.
I feel like I’ll sort of have to resolve things and go back to the way it was because I don’t really have anyone else

why do you need to be in a group? can't you be your own person and make friends in your own time, based on things in common/actually liking eachother? you're not looking after yourself and you are asking to be dumped/used. you deserve more, but you shouldn't force friendship when it's not there.

I wouldn't continue to be friends with them as if they cared about you, they wouldn't make a groupchat solely about you. Is it the whole group that hates you, or is it just group think and there might be someone in that group that actually likes you? See if you can make new friends by starting a new hobby or sitting by someone new in lessons, that way you can become more confident and will be able to forget about those "friends" you thought you had.
It sounds like a form of bullying to be honest. Just move on.
Reply 13
Original post by jdijx
That is the worst thing to do man:lol: Find some new friends that don't ***** about you behind your back.

Why would it be the worst thing?
Reply 14
Original post by Nasir.
Why would it be the worst thing?

Why would you give the people who made a separate group chat (SPECIFICALLY to ***** about you) a gift?!? And what makes matters worse is that there was no huge reason behind it all (- otherwise I’m sure OP would’ve guessed by now). Have some logic man.
Reply 15
Original post by jdijx
Why would you give the people who made a separate group chat (SPECIFICALLY to ***** about you) a gift?!? And what makes matters worse is that there was no huge reason behind it all (- otherwise I’m sure OP would’ve guessed by now). Have some logic man.

There is an opportunity to turn hate into something better, if both parties are sincere. I think its always better to resolve.

I had a friend that turned against me and tried to make my life hell. She would tell my other close friends within the circle about me and sometimes they will say **** about me behind my back. That was back in Year 8. This friend is no longer a friend, but we still talk. The other girls within my friend group hate her for what she said about me and regret it and now they are my friends.

In your situation, I would try and assess who in the group you think would've started it. There has to be one person who is jealous of you, so created all this drama by influencing the other friends. Once you figure that out, you can speak to the other friends about what you think about it and how you feel. If there isn't a specific person, then just leave the group You may be alone, but I'm pretty sure you can find someone else.
Reply 17
Original post by Nasir.
There is an opportunity to turn hate into something better, if both parties are sincere. I think its always better to resolve.

...I have huge respect for you bro lmfao.
Original post by Nasir.

That’s..... not a bad idea tbh. Respect
Original post by Nasir.

get off the moral high horse pls, you're not helping. this isn't a UN diplomacy meeting, this is school girl *****ery, "sincerity" and "resolving" don't apply. if she buys them all gifts, they will go around saying how she tried to buy their friendship, they will re-gift it to other people, throw in the bin in front of her, feed to a stray cat, flush it down the toilet etc. They don't like her and that's life, she shouldn't be trying to get their approval. She so strongly reminds me of someone, and that person got passed around and could never see it coming, was sad.

Quick Reply

Latest