Driving test fail because of panic attack. Watch

Elitepredetor99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello there, yesterday i had my driving test 2nd one and i failed it because of a extreme uncontrollable panic attack it caused me to stress abruptly and it made my vision feel like it was hazy and my legs to twitch uncontrollably. This has never happened to me before this feeling, and i just felt like i wanted to stop and end the driving test and be happy with the fail i was destined for long before the test finished just so i can end the test. I would also like to note that my driving is perfect according to my driving instructor before the test me and my instructor done a mock/general driving for 1.5 hours and i done everything solo from big 3 lane roundabouts to all the manuvers to general tight space driving junction and all of that with no problems, he was certain i was going to pass and his face fell when he found out. So what my question is did i have a panic attack or was it a anxiety attack or something? And I'm thinking to take a month or 2 break and get back into it, whats you guys opinion? And any suggestions? Thanks.
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Elitepredetor99)
Hello there, yesterday i had my driving test 2nd one and i failed it because of a extreme uncontrollable panic attack it caused me to stress abruptly and it made my vision feel like it was hazy and my legs to twitch uncontrollably. This has never happened to me before this feeling, and i just felt like i wanted to stop and end the driving test and be happy with the fail i was destined for long before the test finished just so i can end the test. I would also like to note that my driving is perfect according to my driving instructor before the test me and my instructor done a mock/general driving for 1.5 hours and i done everything solo from big 3 lane roundabouts to all the manuvers to general tight space driving junction and all of that with no problems, he was certain i was going to pass and his face fell when he found out. So what my question is did i have a panic attack or was it a anxiety attack or something? And I'm thinking to take a month or 2 break and get back into it, whats you guys opinion? And any suggestions? Thanks.
A panic attack and an anxiety attack are so similar, basically the same thing. It’s a nerve wracking thing a driving test. I was so nervous that I failed my first test too despite being ready for it. It’s quite common for nerves to get the better of people on a driving test. I would personally suggest not taking a break because you will be nervous the next time you get in the car because you will most likely be doubting yourself after the test and wondering if you can actually do it. I would take as little time away from driving as possible to ensure you maintain your confidence.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Elitepredetor99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by ruthflame57)
A panic attack and an anxiety attack are so similar, basically the same thing. It’s a nerve wracking thing a driving test. I was so nervous that I failed my first test too despite being ready for it. It’s quite common for nerves to get the better of people on a driving test. I would personally suggest not taking a break because you will be nervous the next time you get in the car because you will most likely be doubting yourself after the test and wondering if you can actually do it. I would take as little time away from driving as possible to ensure you maintain your confidence.
Thank you for your kind answer!
nexttime
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I would take it again ASAP. The longer you leave it the longer there is for your skills to erode, and it still doesn't address the panic attack issue.
BenChen10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Relatable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.7%
No (215)
94.3%

Watched Threads