username4167306
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a CGP maths revision guide in higher tier.
I was wondering if revising from the maths revision guide(higher) was enough to know everything i need to know or do I have to buy the foundation revision guide as well? Any tips on how to revise or how you revised,thanks
Purplebottle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you are doing higher then only get the higher one.

Ways that i revise for maths is using the website corbettmaths, they have revision cards to buy which have a topic per revision card and have free exam style questions, practice questions and videos explaining every topic. Also, pearsons do nice revision cards where they explain the topic per revision card and have a question on the back explaining how to do it and stuff.

Just practice past papers really
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Purplebottle)
If you are doing higher then only get the higher one.

Ways that i revise for maths is using the website corbettmaths, they have revision cards to buy which have a topic per revision card and have free exam style questions, practice questions and videos explaining every topic. Also, pearsons do nice revision cards where they explain the topic per revision card and have a question on the back explaining how to do it and stuff.

Just practice past papers really
There is no need to buy revision cards - not everyone find them helpful. I always recommend FREE resources for my classes
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Angel_44)
I have a CGP maths revision guide in higher tier.
I was wondering if revising from the maths revision guide(higher) was enough to know everything i need to know or do I have to buy the foundation revision guide as well? Any tips on how to revise or how you revised,thanks
Yes, the Higher guide is enough. Use all the help you get from school - lots run revision session for Year 11.
Purplebottle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
There is no need to buy revision cards - not everyone find them helpful. I always recommend FREE resources for my classes
Yes of course there is no need for it but i find it very helpful and if it’s there i may as well use it. I prefer using actual stuff sometimes rather than just on the computer that’s why i buy the revision cards.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes of course there is no need for it but i find it very helpful and if it’s there i may as well use it. I prefer using actual stuff sometimes rather than just on the computer that’s why i buy the revision cards.
Yes but there are free revision cards - so why not try them first?
Purplebottle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes but there are free revision cards - so why not try them first?
Where can i find free revision cards?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where can i find free revision cards?
There are plenty on the web - I'd ask your teacher what they recommend. I could post some links but it's best to ask your own teacher as we all have our favourites.
Purplebottle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are plenty on the web - I'd ask your teacher what they recommend. I could post some links but it's best to ask your own teacher as we all have our favourites.
I’ll try to have a look but I already did before and the few i saw i didn’t really like. We don’t have a teacher at the moment so I’m just gonna stick with what i have. Thankyou though
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ll try to have a look but I already did before and the few i saw i didn’t really like. We don’t have a teacher at the moment so I’m just gonna stick with what i have. Thankyou though
Mr Barton is worth a look as is TES - its free to register. Why don't you have a teacher?
Sports10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i do additional fsmq math aswell as edexcel higher
Purplebottle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mr Barton is worth a look as is TES - its free to register. Why don't you have a teacher?
They left half way through year 10 and we’ve just been having cover lessons hopefully we get a new one this year.
Thanks for the suggestions!
cherry1011
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MATHS genie has every exam question imaginable (very similar to new thing)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (0)
0%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (3)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (5)
45.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (2)
18.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed