Do I have a eating disorder?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am always sick or feels like I am always going to be sick.
I never eat as much.
I think I am chubby but people say I am "thick"
I don't have a big bum tho
I make myself sick sometimes like once or twice a week after dinner or eating really sweet like cake but that's mostly to stop the uncomfortable feeling of being sick go away.
I drink alot of water
No appetite
I am UK size 6 but its getting tight now and I am moving towards size 8. - NO SHAME ON ANYONE ABOVE SIZE 6 OR 8 OR ABOVE OR BELOW.
I don't think I am pretty
I am about 5ft ( short life) and weigh 49kg
I have a flabby stomach and a small double chin from my neck.

Do I have bulimia
If I do what do doctors do to treat this.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I never eat as much.
I make myself sick sometimes like once or twice a week after dinner or eating really sweet like cake but that's mostly to stop the uncomfortable feeling of being sick go away.
I drink alot of water
No appetite
I am UK size 6 but its getting tight now and I am moving towards size 8. - NO SHAME ON ANYONE ABOVE SIZE 6 OR 8 OR ABOVE OR BELOW.

Do I have bulimia
You are a normal weight for your height but its about much more than that.
Contact the beat helpline and they can talk you through it.

It doesnt sound very healthy.

You might also have some self esteem and confidence issues but those are common.

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....ices/helplines
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As above ^
Seems likes there are aspects of an ED.
username4202082
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You definitely sound like you are showing some signs of an ED. I am far from an expert on this so I would first go talk to your regular doctor and they can steer you in the right direction from there. Good Luck.
pottah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can’t diagnose you but I can say that making yourself throw up, for whatever reason, is one of the most dangerous things you can do. It affects every aspect of your health from your teeth to internal organs. I know how hard it is, but I really really hope you get professional help with this.

Even if you don’t think it’s too bad yet, or you think you can stop when you want, you’d be surprised at how quick it takes hold of you. The main form of treatment would be CBT, which is basically talking therapy and can really help you, especially as you seem like you’re worried and wanting to get help which is great as it will be more effective if you want to get better!

Again, I can’t diagnose you but it’s much better to be safe than sorry and I really hope you get support with this 💕 my thoughts are with you! This sucks and I know how hard it can be
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could have gluten intolerance, a thyroid problem or IBS.
All of them would account for you feeling sick and two would explain going up to size 8.
You might want to get a blood test done to check whether you have a problem eating gluten containing foods or your thyroid.

I never eat as much.
I drink alot of water
No appetite

Do I have bulimia
pottah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
All of them would account for you feeling sick and two would explain going up to size 8.
You might want to get a blood test done to check whether you have a problem eating gluten containing foods or your thyroid.
I didn’t even think of this! My mum has a thyroid problem and has similar symptoms, you should definitely get it checked out because they just need to give you medicine
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I never eat as much.
I drink alot of water
No appetite

Do I have bulimia
Society is all about appearance... do you look fat? Let's take it from there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You are a normal weight for your height but its about much more than that.
Contact the beat helpline and they can talk you through it.

It doesnt sound very healthy.

You might also have some self esteem and confidence issues but those are common.

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....ices/helplines
thanka and i will do
Anonymous #1
nks I
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
As above ^
Seems likes there are aspects of an ED.
(Original post by pottah)
I can’t diagnose you but I can say that making yourself throw up, for whatever reason, is one of the most dangerous things you can do. It affects every aspect of your health from your teeth to internal organs. I know how hard it is, but I really really hope you get professional help with this.

Even if you don’t think it’s too bad yet, or you think you can stop when you want, you’d be surprised at how quick it takes hold of you. The main form of treatment would be CBT, which is basically talking therapy and can really help you, especially as you seem like you’re worried and wanting to get help which is great as it will be more effective if you want to get better!

Again, I can’t diagnose you but it’s much better to be safe than sorry and I really hope you get support with this 💕 my thoughts are with you! This sucks and I know how hard it can be
thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
i did get bllod test but i only lack iron and vitamin d. i feel sick everytime i have medicine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Vinny C)
Society is all about appearance... do you look fat? Let's take it from there.
YH, kinda off, i got chubb belly n my arms are a bit flabby
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
YH, kinda off, i got chubb belly n my arms are a bit flabby
Try castor oil... guaranteed to help you lose weight, fast!
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Try half a pint of castor oil... guaranteed to help you lose weight, fast!
Oh FFS. Telling someone who potentially has an eating disorder to lose weight is ridiculously dangerous. Go and educate yourself. Eating disorders are a mental illness. They therefore need psychological treatment.

A lack of focus on the body, not an increase is what's needed. Educate yourself and don't give advice about topics you're completely ignorant about.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It does sound like an eating disorder. Get help as soon as you can, EDs can cause absolutely awful complications and cause your quality of life to be awful. Please take care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads