Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently going to Lincoln University in September to study English Lit with Creative Writing. I did better in my Access course than I thought I would (I barely dared hope I would pass, let alone anything rlse) and now I'm wondering whether to go through Adjustment (if Access students even can?). I've been looking at Loughborough, and Nottingham. I don't really care about Russell Group or anything, but I'm wondering if entry requirements indicate how challenging the course will be? Or is it just universities being a bit snobby?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by vpgrey)
    So I'm currently going to Lincoln University in September to study English Lit with Creative Writing. I did better in my Access course than I thought I would (I barely dared hope I would pass, let alone anything rlse) and now I'm wondering whether to go through Adjustment (if Access students even can?). I've been looking at Loughborough, and Nottingham. I don't really care about Russell Group or anything, but I'm wondering if entry requirements indicate how challenging the course will be? Or is it just universities being a bit snobby?
    Do adjustment and clearing.

Nothing to stop you talking and going to open day if they have one. You have the results now, so try and get in the best uni you can. You seem to have underestimated yourself.

You need to start acting now especially as you have had your results though. If you find something that ticks more boxes then go for it.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi vpgrey,

Great to hear that you did better than expected, you should be proud!

You can apply to Loughborough through Clearing or Adjustment. The course vacancies will be listed here on the 15th of August (next week Wednesday).
    If you register here you'll be notified by email when the vacancies and requirements are posted. Check to see if you meet the requirement criteria, if you do call the Clearing hotline on 01509274403 from 7:30am on the morning of Thursday the 16th.

I wouldn't let the prospect of a harder course put you off, I'm a third year student at Loughborough and I've found that people are generally happy to help if you find that you're struggling, there are also loads of student support services readily available. If you meet the entry requirements, you'll be no less likely to succeed on the course than any other successful applicant.

It is all about personal preference when you choose the uni you want to go to though. You're more likely to thrive academically if you are somewhere where you feel the most comfortable.

Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to send them my way.

Priya

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.