Have you ever broke any bones?

Watch this thread
Kennedy99
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If so when and how?

I have broken my leg twice, one playing football when I was 15, it needed a plate be screws I fix, and again last winter when I slipped on some ice, just needed a cast for six weeks. I also broke my wrist and thumb at the same time when I was 14, I fell forwards and landed on them.
Jackelele_
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I've dislocated my collar bone before, but not actually broke anything..
username4202082
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes, my wrist when I was skiing.
Francesco8801
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I never broke any bones until now (I just turned 17)
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes, 5! Three leg/ankle bones at once, my elbow and my wrist.

Keeps life interesting when you never know when it will happen next.
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’ve broken my left ankle (fell over in playground), my right leg (fell down the stairs and bashed into a pillar) and my right arm (fell down the stairs) :laugh:
username3331778
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
When I was in year seven the PE teacher made us play tag rugby on tarmac and I fell over landed on my wrist. I was told to move my hand in circle motions by the teacher until it stopped hurting. When it was hurting so much I couldn't change out of my clothes I went to the school nurse. She asked me if I had broken any bones before and as soon as I said no she disregarded everything I had said and gave me an ice pack saying that I'd just sprained it. Later that day I went to A&E and I found out to much surprise that my wrist was fractured.
My respect for PE teachers and school nurses took a huge hit that day.
JT_888
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Broke both my arms when I was very little. 😰😰😰
JaydorIV
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I slipped in a restaurant at Southend and broke my arm when I was eight.
ddsizebra
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
nope never.
ForeverAQx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by une rock)
so there's either something wrong with me or all of you. i think a papercut is the worst i've had
omg this comment XD
I can totally relate!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Asdqwezxc)
If so when and how?

I have broken my leg twice, one playing football when I was 15 and again last winter when I slipped on some ice. I also broke my wrist and thumb at the same time when I was 14, I fell forwards and landed on them.
I have broken my left 5th metatarsal when an NHS chair broke and I fell :cry:

I continued to work despite the pain, ignored everyone who told me to go to A&E (even though I literally work at the hospital) and eventually was too painful to continue working (as a junior doc).

Went to ED for some painkillers and for a crutch, they insisted that I have an XR which I reluctantly had and BOOM = fracture.

Was in a cast (one of these really cool looking boot) for a bit, thankfully now all healed!

People asked me to go sue the hospital - but they are so debt-ridden I wouldn't even think about it.
Miss Bones
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yep, wrist a couple of times.
iamElectro
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SewingPirate)
Yep, wrist a couple of times.
Uh, you might wanna check your skull too... :/
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
My wrist once when I was goalkeeping. It was penalties too and my coach was like ‘no get back into goal it’ll be fine ’ but then had an x Ray the next morning.

Never played football as competitively since :emo:
ollie221011
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
broke my wrist when i fell over as a toddler, my collarbone falling out of bed, cracked my back doing contortion, fractured my hand banging it on a table, fractured my ankle falling off some decking 👌🏻
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes I broke my tongue.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Funnily enough, only on my left side :lol: I've fractured a bone in my left foot twice, my left thumb twice and my big toe on my left foot once.
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Broke two ribs from excessive coughing when I had pneumonia. I didn't even think it was possible to break them from coughing but its surprisingly common.
shivvs
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ollie221011)
broke my wrist when i fell over as a toddler, my collarbone falling out of bed, cracked my back doing contortion, fractured my hand banging it on a table, fractured my ankle falling off some decking 👌🏻
You like banging your head on tables, do you🐸
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (23)
79.31%
No (4)
13.79%
I didn't use it to prepare (2)
6.9%

Watched Threads