LawStudent444
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Got Equitable remedies and Trusts and Wills exam on Tuesday its a resit and its capped at 40%.

Basically made a huge mistake in picking this module and I literally dont understand any of it and I NEED to get 40% to get my credits in order to graduate. Anyone know of best way to do this and is it even possible
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
How did you pick the module? Are you not doing a law degree?

What percentage did you get first time round?
vnupe
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
How did you pick the module? Are you not doing a law degree?

What percentage did you get first time round? And yeah, it's pretty easy to get 40%. Which requires GCSE-level understand of some of the basic concepts of equity.
With the greatest of respect, he is asking for help... not ridicule.
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vnupe)
With the greatest of respect, he is asking for help... not ridicule.
No, OP was asking for reassurance. It is very easy to get 40% and OP shouldn't think he isn't smart enough to do it. He just needs to study a little smarter this time round and focus on the basics.

It is a bit more unhelpful to lie to OP and pretend as if passing with a 40% is difficult, which surely would suggest to OP that they might not be able to improve on their past performance.

In future, don't correct or quote me. You are tedious in the extreme.
vnupe
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LawStudent444)
Got Equitable remedies and Trusts and Wills exam on Tuesday its a resit and its capped at 40%.

Basically made a huge mistake in picking this module and I literally dont understand any of it and I NEED to get 40% to get my credits in order to graduate. Anyone know of best way to do this and is it even possible
My suggestion to your question/query is to get a nutshells type book to get a grip in the basics... then build on that frasmework via your notes and previous exam questions.

Get as many exam questions as you can, and work from those. They will provide you with a good flavour of the types of questions that are typically asked.

Also don’t prepare for every topic, but instead “cherry pick” from the questions asked on the previous exams.
vnupe
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No, OP was asking for reassurance. It is very easy to get 40% and OP shouldn't think he isn't smart enough to do it. He just needs to study a little smarter this time round and focus on the basics.

It is a bit more unhelpful to lie to OP and pretend as if passing with a 40% is difficult, which surely would suggest to OP that they might not be able to improve on their past performance.

In future, don't correct or quote me. You are tedious in the extreme.
Hahahahaha, you call others “tedious to the extreme” yet bristle at the first sign of criticism, and gentle criticism at that. Again I say to you, good luck in your future endeavors, you will rise to the level you deserve... You are not the arbiter of all things law, legal training and intelligence... or to put it colloquially... Pump ya brakes.

If you denigrate others and then passive aggressively attempt to justify it, then prepare for your “assurance” to be challenged.
dimooj
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i also have a resit on on equity this week, and i want a 35 to pass because of my assignment.. i am focusing on certainties, charities and knowing reciept and hope everything will be ok. what are you focusing on more?
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vnupe)
Hahahahaha, you call others “tedious to the extreme” yet bristle at the first sign of criticism, and gentle criticism at that. Again I say to you, good luck in your future endeavors, you will rise to the level you deserve... You are not the arbiter of all things law, legal training and intelligence... or to put it colloquially... Pump ya brakes.

If you denigrate others and then passive aggressively attempt to justify it, then prepare for your “assurance” to be challenged.
What you seem to have missed, given you're calling for OP to get a Nutshell book and do a decade of past papers, is their exam is on Tuesday.

As to the OP, past papers will be running before you can walk. Using Nutshell against notes -- won't work as OP's notes are defective. Can't watch lectures in time -- unless you have an idea of topics you want to do, at the exclusion of all others. If you have no idea what this might be, I would say certainties is quite easy, as is Quistclose (if you do that), and charities (if you do this). I would have a read powerpoint slides to see what your lecturers are talking about -- and then flesh that info out (as it will be basic) and build everything around that basic info.

e-law resources doesn't do equity. Wiki does equity to a high level, imo, but it's too advanced for a newbie (until you get basic info from powerpoints). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_trusts_law And Alastair Hudson has some stuff online -- http://www.alastairhudson.com/trusts...tslawindex.htm (even has some exemplar essay answers available) And Westlaw Insight is somewhat useful too, if you find there are gaps in your knowledge.

So PowerPoints (basic info) -- Check out Wiki, Alastair and Westlaw (advanced info, cases and quotes from judgments if you can be arsed).
vnupe
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What you seem to have missed, given you're calling for OP to get a Nutshell book and do a decade of past papers, is their exam is on Tuesday.

As to the OP, past papers will be running before you can walk. Using Nutshell against notes -- won't work as OP's notes are defective. Can't watch lectures in time -- unless you have an idea of topics you want to do, at the exclusion of all others. If you have no idea what this might be, I would say certainties is quite easy, as is Quistclose (if you do that), and charities (if you do this). I would have a read powerpoint slides to see what your lecturers are talking about -- and then flesh that info out (as it will be basic) and build everything around that basic info.

e-law resources doesn't do equity. Wiki does equity to a high level, imo, but it's too advanced for a newbie (until you get basic info from powerpoints). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_trusts_law And Alastair Hudson has some stuff online -- http://www.alastairhudson.com/trusts...tslawindex.htm (even has some exemplar essay answers available) And Westlaw Insight is somewhat useful too, if you find there are gaps in your knowledge.

So PowerPoints (basic info) -- Check out Wiki, Alastair and Westlaw (advanced info, cases and quotes from judgments if you can be arsed).
I sincerely and humbly applaud you for this helpful and detailed assurance AND advice, including my deficient analysis and/or advice.
dimooj
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

Does Alastair have any lecture on Charities because i dont seem to find any? im in the same spot at the guy who made the threat
LawStudent444
Rep:
(Original post by vnupe)
My suggestion to your question/query is to get a nutshells type book to get a grip in the basics... then build on that frasmework via your notes and previous exam questions.

Get as many exam questions as you can, and work from those. They will provide you with a good flavour of the types of questions that are typically asked.

Also don’t prepare for every topic, but instead “cherry pick” from the questions asked on the previous exams.
Thanks for your help!

THanks for your help - do you think I would be better off doing problem questions or essay based questions?

And in reply to your first question - I do PPE but I wanted to do a few law modules this year because it is something I want to go into

(Original post by dimooj)
Does Alastair have any lecture on Charities because i dont seem to find any? im in the same spot at the guy who made the threat
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LawStudent444)
Thanks for your help!

THanks for your help - do you think I would be better off doing problem questions or essay based questions?

And in reply to your first question - I do PPE but I wanted to do a few law modules this year because it is something I want to go into
It really depends on the topic. Sometimes you need to know more to do OK on essays and others you need to know more for PQs. If you do "cherry pick", as recommended by me and the other poster, you will have to do topic X in either essay or PQ form. You won't have any choice in the matter.

And I was someone who crammed for 2/3 of my LLB. Cherry picking is crucial.

Equity is a complex module; surprised they let you take it.
LawStudent444
Rep:
It really depends on the topic. Sometimes you need to know more to do OK on essays and others you need to know more for PQs. If you do "cherry pick", as recommended by me and the other poster, you will have to do topic X in either essay or PQ form. You won't have any choice in the matter.

I am thinking of doing Trusts and the creation of them along with Wills and then remedies and procedure? Do you reckon that wills suffice?
LawStudent444
Rep:

Probably should mention its a 2hour exam and I have a printed list of the relevant statutes (done by the lecturer and also I will have a case list? I know it will make it easier but its the applying it to relevant detail which is important as opposed to listing it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.69%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
27.88%
No (55)
26.44%
I'm not sure (27)
12.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed