The Student Room Group

Second Sitting Minimum Maths requirement

Hello,
I am a Scottish student applying to university this year. I recently have gotten my higher results and passed with four A's and one B which was what I was hoping for. However, I passed National 5 maths with a D which is a grade less than all the universities are looking for but I'm wanting to redo the course and aim for a C this year. This is the minimum maths requirement and not a higher needed. Does this mean that I'll need to apply for the second sitting entry or does this not include the minimum English and Maths requirements?
Kind regards!
Original post by lstrzelak
Hello,
I am a Scottish student applying to university this year. I recently have gotten my higher results and passed with four A's and one B which was what I was hoping for. However, I passed National 5 maths with a D which is a grade less than all the universities are looking for but I'm wanting to redo the course and aim for a C this year. This is the minimum maths requirement and not a higher needed. Does this mean that I'll need to apply for the second sitting entry or does this not include the minimum English and Maths requirements?
Kind regards!

@Doonesbury who are the Scottish qualifications experts who can help?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
@Doonesbury who are the Scottish qualifications experts who can help?

@Labrador99 :smile:
Original post by lstrzelak
Hello,
Kind regards!

Well done on your brilliant higher results! :biggrin:
In terms of the first sitting thing, that is based on the higher requirements, and refers to basically achieving those grades in your first set of highers (i.e. all your S5 highers). Assuming you're applying straight from school, and Nat 5 maths is a requirement of the course, you will likely receive conditional offers for grades in the Nat 5 maths, and also possibly be given conditions for some/all of any other subjects you take.

Hope this helps :smile:

:colondollar: Thanks for the tag :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending