The Student Room Group

No idea what I want to do

Excuse the word vomit. I've got a conditional offer to do biomedical science at my firm and got an insurance choice which my heart isn't really in plus they're far from home. I've rejected my accommodation offer from my firm, and was going to apply to a local uni to do Psychology through clearing because its local and it interests me, also because I don't think I'll have met the grades for my firm/insurance due to ill health whilst sitting my exams. I still don't don't know whether to do this or apply for a different course because the thought of never doing Biology again makes me sad because although its hard work I love it so much. Anyone in a similar situation?
Original post by queenofmediocre
Excuse the word vomit. I've got a conditional offer to do biomedical science at my firm and got an insurance choice which my heart isn't really in plus they're far from home. I've rejected my accommodation offer from my firm, and was going to apply to a local uni to do Psychology through clearing because its local and it interests me, also because I don't think I'll have met the grades for my firm/insurance due to ill health whilst sitting my exams. I still don't don't know whether to do this or apply for a different course because the thought of never doing Biology again makes me sad because although its hard work I love it so much. Anyone in a similar situation?

Were I in your situation then alarm bells would be ringing.

1.You didnt do yourself justice in exams (presumably you applied for special consideration?)
2. You dont know what you want to do.
3. You thought psychology sounds like a good compromise.

I would take a gap to id the correct course and career.
Resit to get the best grades and get into the best uni.

You really only get to do it properly once, son go to a lesser uni on the wrong course. You would regret that.

Which course?

https://my.sacu-student.com/sacustudent/f?p=SACU_BROWSE0

https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer
Im in a very similar position Ive decided I am going to reject my firm and go into clearing because I know what I want to do now. You do not seem like you know and also dont seem ready to leave home. Everyone is different so it is stupid to expect everyone is ready to leave at 18. I would take a gap year and apply to study biology at a uni closer to home, dont feel any pressure to resit as it may not even be worth it and theres always clearing next year too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending