The Student Room Group

CV help

I have written this line in my CV
"•Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities gained through being a member of the debate club."
but i am having second thoughts about this. can someone tell me if its right or help me come up with a better one ?
Hi what do you mean by "professional speaking abilities"?
Original post by cheesecakelove
Hi what do you mean by "professional speaking abilities"?

i mean public speaking skills; being able to speak confidently infront of a live audience
I wouldnt post publicly parts of your personal statement, as it could trigger UCAS's anti-cheating systems.
Original post by SomMC1
I wouldnt post publicly parts of your personal statement, as it could trigger UCAS's anti-cheating systems.

its not for my personal statement its for my CV/resume
Original post by HamnaTanveer
its not for my personal statement its for my CV/resume

Ohhhh, well if you get an interview then they'll see if youre a professional speaker
Original post by SomMC1
Ohhhh, well if you get an interview then they'll see if youre a professional speaker

thats why i wanted to know does this sound right?
It sounds like you got some diploma to be a professional public speaker, rather than just gained knowledge and not being scared to speak publicly tbh
Original post by SomMC1
It sounds like you got some diploma to be a professional public speaker, rather than just gained knowledge and not being scared to speak publicly tbh

what about admirable/ eminent/ laudable public speaking skills?

It sounds like youre ******* yourself off and then congratulating your right hand on doing a good job.
Original post by SomMC1
It sounds like youre ******* yourself off and then congratulating your right hand on doing a good job.

have to put something when you have got no work experience.

In your debate club, did you ever organise events or take part in any competitions? If you have notable achievements, you could add them in. Be careful with your choice of wording or waffling to make your CV longer. If you want to use the word "admirable" or "laudable". how can you prove this?

Make sure your CV is brief and to the point, listing your key skills. You could also look into other things such as volunteering or other extracurriculars to show more skills to employers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending