The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicinemaniac
ah that's great advice, thank you soo much! yeah ive been preparing since the beginning of august, how did you find AR?

With AR the more practise you do the easier it gets. It was defo the section that I practised most for as I got terrible scores at the beginning. I found it okay and there were only a few that I couldn’t do but just do instincts and where it seems right.
Original post by ellathenerd
With AR the more practise you do the easier it gets. It was defo the section that I practised most for as I got terrible scores at the beginning. I found it okay and there were only a few that I couldn’t do but just do instincts and where it seems right.

im the same, ive improved massively now, was the actual ukcat easier?
Good thing I’m not applying for english I guess :wink:

VR 630
DM 790
QR 880
AR 830

Total 3130 + Band 2
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ellathenerd

I did one day of practise questions for the UKCAT and did some mini-mocks in Medify and got 600 in AR and VR. Is this good or bad. Can I get 700 in 3 weeks time (when my exam is?)
Took it today

VR: 590
DM: 690
QR: 730
AR: 770
Total: 2780 (AVG: 695)
SJT: Band 2

VR, DM, SJT: Harder than Medify
QR, AR: Easier than Medify (especially AR)
VR: 870
DM: 800
QR: 900
AR: 830
Average: 850
Original post by medicinemaniac
im the same, ive improved massively now, was the actual ukcat easier?

Yes
Original post by Sainsburysbasics
I did one day of practise questions for the UKCAT and did some mini-mocks in Medify and got 600 in AR and VR. Is this good or bad. Can I get 700 in 3 weeks time (when my exam is?)

You’ve got ages lol you’ll be fine- especially with AR, the more you do, you’ll suddenly get loads better
I hate QR, maths is my weakest subject -.-
Original post by FemaleBo55
I hate QR, maths is my weakest subject -.-

It's a bit of a sticky one as the thing is for me, QR is not hard but the timing is ludicrous, the calculator is really bad and keeps moving every time I click in the numbers lol
It's a bit of a sticky one as the thing is for me, QR is not hard but the timing is ludicrous, the calculator is really bad and keeps moving every time I click in the numbers lol

i havent started timing myself yet with QR lmao im trying to get my brain to work properly and get the right answers :lol:
i havent started timing myself yet with QR lmao im trying to get my brain to work properly and get the right answers :lol:

Likewise with DM, why is this section the easiest for most people lmao. It's the most time pressured. When do you have your exam?
Likewise with DM, why is this section the easiest for most people lmao. It's the most time pressured. When do you have your exam?

Ngl the easiest for me so far is SJT lol
My exam is on 20th sept but im going on holiday on 22nd till early sept so i wont have time to revise :colonhash: wbu
Original post by Samanthaplague
Please vote and I’ll try make a bell curve with the scores at like the beginning of September.
Also, can you guys also post your averages as well as voting so that everyone gets a better idea of the most common scores rather than just the ranges

These are my scores:

VR - 650
DM - 690
QR - 670
AR - 750
SJT - Band 2
Average - 690
Ngl the easiest for me so far is SJT lol
My exam is on 20th sept but im going on holiday on 22nd till early sept so i wont have time to revise :colonhash: wbu

6th september. How long have you revised for so far? SJT is calm, but I think that you can't improve in VR (can in the other sections), you either good at it or not :s-smilie:
Unless you get lucky on the day lol
Original post by itstheboss
Took it today

VR: 590
DM: 690
QR: 730
AR: 770
Total: 2780 (AVG: 695)

VR, DM, SJT: Harder than Medify
QR, AR: Easier than Medify (especially AR)

:angry: Hate that section. Anyway your score was amazing- do you have any tips for each section and what resources did you use?
Original post by crazychameleon
VR: 870
DM: 800
QR: 900
AR: 830
Average: 850

How did you score so highly on VR, well done? What resources did you use?
6th september. How long have you revised for so far? SJT is calm, but I think that you can't improve in VR (can in the other sections), you either good at it or not :s-smilie:
Unless you get lucky on the day lol

believe it or not, you actually can improve, VR requires practise and a technique that works for u imo but i feel the same for QR i feel like ure either good at it or not :colonhash:
I havent been revising consistently nor have I done any mocks loool... -.- but when i revise i usually try and concentrate on 2 sections without being timed till i feel like i improved then go time myself on them

omg your exam is quite far lool, how you prepping for the exam?x
believe it or not, you actually can improve, VR requires practise and a technique that works for u imo but i feel the same for QR i feel like ure either good at it or not :colonhash:
I havent been revising consistently nor have I done any mocks loool... -.- but when i revise i usually try and concentrate on 2 sections without being timed till i feel like i improved then go time myself on them

omg your exam is quite far lool, how you prepping for the exam?x

I mean, from tomorrow onwards I have three weeks left to the exam and planning to do 8-10 hours everyday because I really want to get a good score. I’ve brought uniadmissions book, Medify, UKCAT ninja, ISC, mastering then UKCAT but can’t go through it all lol. I’m planning to do every mock in those books in the last week (there’s about 20). But I’m really stressing out as the mini mocks aren’t going amazingly on Medify, the questions aren’t hard for any of the sections, the timing is the problem. I used medic mind and it wasn’t so good with techniques. I don’t know about VR, keep getting 600s.😭⚫️
I mean, from tomorrow onwards I have three weeks left to the exam and planning to do 8-10 hours everyday because I really want to get a good score. I’ve brought uniadmissions book, Medify, UKCAT ninja, ISC, mastering then UKCAT but can’t go through it all lol. I’m planning to do every mock in those books in the last week (there’s about 20). But I’m really stressing out as the mini mocks aren’t going amazingly on Medify, the questions aren’t hard for any of the sections, the timing is the problem. I used medic mind and it wasn’t so good with techniques. I don’t know about VR, keep getting 600s.😭⚫️

i used uniadmissions book before, i hated it lol, im sticking to medify and 1250Q
i'd suggest not to rush cos u'll most likely get it wrong

what u getting in other sections? and same i want to get 700+ (if im lucky loooool but i feel like its hard, idk how everyone gets above 700)
i used uniadmissions book before, i hated it lol, im sticking to medify and 1250Q
i'd suggest not to rush cos u'll most likely get it wrong

what u getting in other sections? and same i want to get 700+ (if im lucky loooool but i feel like its hard, idk how everyone gets above 700)

Rush what? 1250Q for QR is quite easy, medify is so much harder lol. Haven't attemped mocks other than for AR and VR and got 600s. Got 650 in VR but I guessed half. Whats bad with uniadmissions- haven't tried it yet? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending