PGCE Biology Health and Diseae Mindmap - Any Good? Watch

Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey Guys;

I am doing an SKE course for a PGCE in Secondary Biology and am HOPING to finish all the work by the end of the day... whether it will be or not is a different story... NOTE: This is a revision AID not a tool. So, this is more or less a summary of everything.

Anyway, I have made this mindmap as part of one of the nine requirements and was wondering if I could get you guys' opinions on it (GCSE Level Biology)?

I know it is rather simple but it is the best layout I can think of doing (minus MAYBE colour coding the 3 different sections). Also, I didn't have the room to put on vaccinations...

Name:  Health and Disease.PNG
Views: 62
Size:  39.1 KB

EDIT:
yes, I noticed the typo in the title...
Firefly13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This looks really good. We did something very similar during a teacher development evening in the school I work at and yours looks a LOT neater than the one we came up with!

Were you given a specific exam board to do this for? There's just a few things on yours that aren't on the specification my school uses (AQA) so I'm assuming it's all based on a syllabus you were given, but it's always worth making sure everything on it is relevant!

If you can get it to fit on, it might be a good idea to link the plant defence ideas to the pathogens as well (strong cell wall to stop pathogens from entering, ect.)

You could fit in vaccines by having an arrow from antigens as there's a bit of space underneath?

Hope this helps!
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Is this meant for separate sciences or triology (assuming this is AQA). Some of the information on there isn’t on the triology syllabus.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
Is this meant for separate sciences or triology (assuming this is AQA). Some of the information on there isn’t on the triology syllabus.
Seperate science because it states "Biology" not "Science" on the course material.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads