Mons686
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there!
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I will do so anyways
I'm an equestrian looking forward to studying (non-equestrian related degree) in the UK. As fellow equestrians would guess, I'd like to continue riding and working with horses while studying, so I was wondering whether equestrian centres would accept working students even if they are occupied with university. I would also like to know if I will easily find equestrian centres no matter in which part of the UK I am and maybe get some advice from riders who also study at university, for example how you manage your time, if you tend to neglect either horses or academics and stuff like that. Thanks in advance
Ridinghigh95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mons686)
Hey there!
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I will do so anyways
I'm an equestrian looking forward to studying (non-equestrian related degree) in the UK. As fellow equestrians would guess, I'd like to continue riding and working with horses while studying, so I was wondering whether equestrian centres would accept working students even if they are occupied with university. I would also like to know if I will easily find equestrian centres no matter in which part of the UK I am and maybe get some advice from riders who also study at university, for example how you manage your time, if you tend to neglect either horses or academics and stuff like that. Thanks in advance
Hi. So do you just want to work with Horses or still spend time riding etc? Two diff things that’s all. And no- horsey places won’t care! I’m starting uni this year at 28. Left school at 16 worked with Horses for 6 years for myself for top showjumpers/eventers ran a livery yard and had my own for 15 years. Since losing mine is the reason for me changing my life round and heading to uni. They really aren’t the sort of places like other jobs that are going to be bothered what your doing. They will be likely great full for the help. Just go to your local riding schools if you just want a paid job. I’m not spending time with Horses as it’s a weird situation since losing mine, I just don’t feel the same. But I still am involved with the farming side and just being out there helps me enough in that respect.
Mons686
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Ridinghigh95)
Hi. So do you just want to work with Horses or still spend time riding etc? Two diff things that’s all. And no- horsey places won’t care! I’m starting uni this year at 28. Left school at 16 worked with Horses for 6 years for myself for top showjumpers/eventers ran a livery yard and had my own for 15 years. Since losing mine is the reason for me changing my life round and heading to uni. They really aren’t the sort of places like other jobs that are going to be bothered what your doing. They will be likely great full for the help. Just go to your local riding schools if you just want a paid job. I’m not spending time with Horses as it’s a weird situation since losing mine, I just don’t feel the same. But I still am involved with the farming side and just being out there helps me enough in that respect.
Thank you for the reply!
I do still want to spend time riding - I do show jumping and want to develop my skills. I want a position as a working student, doing barn work in exchange for lessons.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Can I find riding schools and equestrian centres in just about any town in the UK? Will I face difficulty finding position as a working student?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (95)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (287)
15.14%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (201)
10.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (266)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (83)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (109)
5.75%
Loneliness (164)
8.65%
Financial worries (68)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (83)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (90)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (105)
5.54%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (166)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (179)
9.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed