For those who doing sports: is it possible to train daily? Watch

Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
For everyone who doing sports, no matter what kind of sport it is: do you think it is possible to train daily, especially when you consider that you are working from Monday to Friday or even to Saturday in a week and the issues and doings in everyday life are added to it?

To give a closer look in my life as a sportsman: I am training three days a week, just to improve my skills as martial artist, to build muscles and to keep fit for my main sport. And there is a lot to do to gain a higher level and I am so ambitious to come at this level to get better. The obstacle to it is the lack of time because of obligations and responsibility I have for my life.

So it is possible to train daily anyway?
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can.

Wake up early and go gym.

Or go gym after work. You can also buy training gear for home.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's absolutely possible. The question should be is it an optimal approach? The consensus is generally no. The body needs time to rest, recover, adapt, and grow. I don't mind sacrificing a limited social life for the few added hours of sleeping and eating in addition to a hectic lifting schedule, but my work life ultimately gets in the way of truly living the day to day life of an athlete.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i usually play badminton every other day with cricket nets in between so monday wednesday and friday is badminton. tuesday thursday and saturday is cricket nets and sunday is just a light jog kr swim or whatever i feel comfortable. It's not too stressful and balances out quite well.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes it is. In fact it seems to be the norm among a lot of the hardcore amateur endurance athletes I meet.

I'm just getting back into the habit of running properly and I'm up to 6 days a week, with resistance work 4-5 times a week. You've just got to learn to regulate fatigue and understand that it takes a while to condition your body to tolerate the constant stress. You also have to remember that a good diet and sleep are your friends.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Analyst89)
You can.

Wake up early and go gym.

Or go gym after work. You can also buy training gear for home.
I think it is sufficient when I train two days a week in a gym. Think about other training methods instead. As a martial artist, I can train some forms from Taekwondo and doing shadow boxing the day after. Or practising techniques. Or running 30 up to 45 minutes a day. Stretching would be daily withput a doubt. Do you rhink that is a balanced training plan?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed