Watch
username4164712
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
feel free to present your views
here are some stats on animal cruelty
In the egg industry, male chicks are ground up alive because they don’t lay eggs and are considered useless.
Wool sheep often undergo the cruel practice of mulesing, in which the animals are restrained as huge chunks of their skin are cut out in an (often ineffective) attempt to thwart a condition called flystrike.
To make down pillows, comforters and other items, geese are plucked until their bodies are bloody. Goose down alternatives are the compassionate choice.
Zoos often kill the animals when there are “too many” of a particular species.

On fur farms, foxes, minks, chinchillas — and even wolves, dogs, and cats — are kept in tiny cages, then often anally electrocuted and/or skinned alive.
Silk is derived from silkworm torture. The worms are boiled alive to obtain the silk fibers.
In the Draize test, often performed on rabbits, researchers drip shampoo and other liquids into animals’ eyes, causing terrible pain and blindness. Always buy personal care items that have not been tested on animals.
Bear bile is used for medicine in Asia. The bears are kept in small cages and are unable to move while the bile from their gallbladder is drained from their bodies.
The Running of the Bulls in Spain may be billed as a must-do for brave tourists, but the event is incredibly cruel. The bulls are forced to run and then stabbed and speared by matadors until they are dead.
In the dog racing industry, the dogs are drugged, caged twenty-three hours a day, and treated like commodities. They are killed for selective breeding and when injured.
Horse racing is similar to dog racing. The horses are given steroids, lead an unnatural life of confinement, and injuries and retirement often result in being euthanized.
Circus animals are forced to live up to 11 months of the year on the road, confined to filthy, cramped trailers. Tigers pace back and forth in their cages, a clear sign of “zoochosis.”
Animals used for entertainment, including in movies and television, are often stolen from their families in the wild. They are often trained inhumanely using painful whips, and lead a life of solitude and suffering.
Keeping dogs chained in the yard is cruel and can even be fatal. Chained pets are exposed to violent storms, extreme heat or cold, sadistic people, wild animals, fires, infestation of fleas (ticks, lice, et cetera), and more.
2.7 billion companion animals are euthanized annually in the United States because there’s nowhere to put them. Always spay and neuter your pets!

To get angora wool, fur is ripped out of live, conscious rabbits until they are bald.
To make purses, young alligators and crocodiles are factory farmed and cruelly murdered.
The lucrative exotic pet trade involves stealing baby animals to sell on the black market. Reptiles, sugar gliders, and other animals are sold to people or for entertainment – but keeping these animals is cruel and supports poaching.
thank you
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobo344)
feel free to present your views
here are some stats on animal cruelty
In the egg industry, male chicks are ground up alive because they don’t lay eggs and are considered useless.
Wool sheep often undergo the cruel practice of mulesing, in which the animals are restrained as huge chunks of their skin are cut out in an (often ineffective) attempt to thwart a condition called flystrike.
The keratin used for hair straightening is made of ground-up horns, hooves, feathers, quills, and hair of various animals.
To make down pillows, comforters and other items, geese are plucked until their bodies are bloody. Goose down alternatives are the compassionate choice.
Zoos often kill the animals when there are “too many” of a particular species.
Chickens on factory farms have been bred to be so large, they weigh the equivalent of a 500-pound human 10-year-old child
On fur farms, foxes, minks, chinchillas — and even wolves, dogs, and cats — are kept in tiny cages, then often anally electrocuted and/or skinned alive.
Silk is derived from silkworm torture. The worms are boiled alive to obtain the silk fibers.
In the Draize test, often performed on rabbits, researchers drip shampoo and other liquids into animals’ eyes, causing terrible pain and blindness. Always buy personal care items that have not been tested on animals.
Bear bile is used for medicine in Asia. The bears are kept in small cages and are unable to move while the bile from their gallbladder is drained from their bodies.
The Running of the Bulls in Spain may be billed as a must-do for brave tourists, but the event is incredibly cruel. The bulls are forced to run and then stabbed and speared by matadors until they are dead.
In the dog racing industry, the dogs are drugged, caged twenty-three hours a day, and treated like commodities. They are killed for selective breeding and when injured.
Horse racing is similar to dog racing. The horses are given steroids, lead an unnatural life of confinement, and injuries and retirement often result in being euthanized.
Circus animals are forced to live up to 11 months of the year on the road, confined to filthy, cramped trailers. Tigers pace back and forth in their cages, a clear sign of “zoochosis.”
Animals used for entertainment, including in movies and television, are often stolen from their families in the wild. They are often trained inhumanely using painful whips, and lead a life of solitude and suffering.
Keeping dogs chained in the yard is cruel and can even be fatal. Chained pets are exposed to violent storms, extreme heat or cold, sadistic people, wild animals, fires, infestation of fleas (ticks, lice, et cetera), and more.
2.7 billion companion animals are euthanized annually in the United States because there’s nowhere to put them. Always spay and neuter your pets!
Being hooked has been shown to be painful for fish — so even if you throw them back into the water, fishing is inherently cruel.
To get angora wool, fur is ripped out of live, conscious rabbits until they are bald.
To make purses, young alligators and crocodiles are factory farmed and cruelly murdered.
The lucrative exotic pet trade involves stealing baby animals to sell on the black market. Reptiles, sugar gliders, and other animals are sold to people or for entertainment – but keeping these animals is cruel and supports poaching.
thank you
sorry for it being so long lol
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So I should eat organic meat?
marniepippa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
none
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So we should kill people for hurting the poor ole chickens?

Yehhhhhhh
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People who torture animals deserve to get tortured themselves idk about death tho
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
So we should kill people for hurting the poor ole chickens?

Yehhhhhhh
I didn't mean not having non veg I meant **** like torturing them for fur and teeth and tusks and labour and blah blah
JaydorIV
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
animals don't have the same value as humans.

God created animals for us to use

the Bible shows numerous times God's disregard for animal life.

therefore, there shouldn't be a death penalty for animal cruelty.
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Professional G)
So I should eat organic meat?
lemme edit some **** lol
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
we don't even have the death penalty for human cruelty.
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)
we don't even have the death penalty for human cruelty.
ikr I mean thats just sad . I think we should tho
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
People who torture animals deserve to get tortured themselves idk about death tho
yah but stuff like poaching of tigers and killing animals for fur should be death Pena;ty
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaydorIV)
animals don't have the same value as humans.

God created animals for us to use

the Bible shows numerous times God's disregard for animal life.

therefore, there shouldn't be a death penalty for animal cruelty.
idc abt the bible or not . not like the bible said be racist or rape chicks . that still happens doesnt it ?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yah but stuff like poaching of tigers and killing animals for fur should be death Pena;ty
Yeah i agree
JaydorIV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
idc abt the bible or not . not like the bible said be racist or rape chicks . that still happens doesnt it ?
I don't see your point?
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaydorIV)
I don't see your point?
what im trying to say is not like we anyway follow everything the bible says . also it was written ages ago . probably when tigers weren't on the verge of getting extinct
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Leave out the death penalty nonsense because it seems like a trolling thread now. Copy/paste lists are also an awful tool if you're looking for a serious debate .
username4164712
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Leave out the death penalty nonsense because it seems like a trolling thread now. Copy/paste lists are also an awful tool if you're looking for a serious debate .
what do u mean
JaydorIV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what im trying to say is not like we anyway follow everything the bible says . also it was written ages ago . probably when tigers weren't on the verge of getting extinct
no one follows everything the Bible says, otherwise they'd be without sin. but many do agree with everything the Bible says and try to follow it. the Bible was actually written in the beginning when God created the heaven and the earth

but yeah, I was just stating my view😊
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably not worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads