The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bj27
I've said before. Your CBs are no better than Chelseas who are leaking goals out of nowhere. Only guy who makes your defence elite is Van Dijk who we don't have. City's group of CBd are

Milner and Ox at fullback ain't it. Big Man Gomez ain't it at RB. Origi ain't it either but not the worst player to bring in.

Yeah but we won't draw Bayern if we top the group as expected. We got 4 points Vs Ajax who are the best team in the group. Atletico and Real are the real dangers as they'd be expected to come 2nd in the group. Avoid them, we have more than a good chance of winning the R16. Shaktar, Atalanta, Dortmund and Lyon we should win. Napoli is 50/50 though.

I mean you can't discount our best CB and then claim the rest is as weak as Chelsea's CBs.. VVD is part of our defence either way.

The other issue with comparisons is you only do basic like for like but the system makes a huge difference and players around them. Fabinho and Alisson are better than Kepa + Jorginho. Although Kante would be better but he hasn't played as the deepest DM for a while for Chelsea.

What happens if you come 2nd in the group? Interesting that we have 5 English clubs since that removes a few groups depending on final positions. Should be a clearer picture after round 5 has been played I guess.
Reply 3721
Original post by Zerforax
I mean you can't discount our best CB and then claim the rest is as weak as Chelsea's CBs.. VVD is part of our defence either way.

The other issue with comparisons is you only do basic like for like but the system makes a huge difference and players around them. Fabinho and Alisson are better than Kepa + Jorginho. Although Kante would be better but he hasn't played as the deepest DM for a while for Chelsea.

What happens if you come 2nd in the group? Interesting that we have 5 English clubs since that removes a few groups depending on final positions. Should be a clearer picture after round 5 has been played I guess.

Point is that if van Dijk was injured you'd leak goals like Chelsea have this season and man city.

Mount would walk into the Liverpool team imo. Perfect for a klopp system but more technical than wijnaldum. Henderson is weird because he is good at crossing but all factors considered you'd rather have Kante.

Fabinho over Jorginho, even though I thinj Jorginho has been the best DM this season Fabinho fits klopps side more as hes more robust.

There are 4 sides in the CL and Spurs are most likely coming 2nd and City coming 1st.

Chelsea and Liverpool are 50/50 between finishing first and 2nd but we'd probably both finish 1st
Original post by bj27
Point is that if van Dijk was injured you'd leak goals like Chelsea have this season and man city.

Mount would walk into the Liverpool team imo. Perfect for a klopp system but more technical than wijnaldum. Henderson is weird because he is good at crossing but all factors considered you'd rather have Kante.

Fabinho over Jorginho, even though I thinj Jorginho has been the best DM this season Fabinho fits klopps side more as hes more robust.

There are 4 sides in the CL and Spurs are most likely coming 2nd and City coming 1st.

Chelsea and Liverpool are 50/50 between finishing first and 2nd but we'd probably both finish 1st

But he's not injured and rarely misses matches so..?

I mean again you are comparing players when they play in different systems. Kante could probably play for Klopp. Not really seen enough of Mount to comment but Wijnaldum is a very big player for Klopp - just a lot of his work goes unnoticed.

Ah am I mixing up my years for the CL? Wonder if City will do better in the CL this year by giving up in the league..?
Reply 3723
But he's not injured and rarely misses matches so..?

I mean again you are comparing players when they play in different systems. Kante could probably play for Klopp. Not really seen enough of Mount to comment but Wijnaldum is a very big player for Klopp - just a lot of his work goes unnoticed.

Ah am I mixing up my years for the CL? Wonder if City will do better in the CL this year by giving up in the league..?

True.

Mount has the work rate(Kante level work rate) but can pass and move well and has a good shot on him. Very good decision making as well. He's not loftus cheek in terms of talent on the ball, but off the ball and in a system that requires pressing he's crazy good.

People compare him to lamps offensively, but lamps was never able to harrass opponents and disrupt transitions like Mount can.

City will probably still try in the league. Need to secure 2nd at least.
Original post by 8013
IMG_0166.PNG
2019/20 top 5

Based on?

Don't think Arsenal will get so many points. I think Liverpool will also get more points.
Reply 3725
IMG_0181.PNG
Well done Gini, you are a hat trick hero!
Original post by 8013
IMG_0181.PNG
Well done Gini, you are a hat trick hero!

He obviously has goals in him but he does such an important role in Klopp's system.
Can't be arsed with going to play against Mourinho Spurs in January 😂
Original post by Mushi_master

We do like a slump in form in January..

That said, Levy won't sign anyone till deadline day and there is the mini winter break week without games just before it.
Reply 3729
We do like a slump in form in January..

That said, Levy won't sign anyone till deadline day and there is the mini winter break week without games just before it.

You'll be fine. He generally did well with the 9 defenders tactic Vs Liverpool but you should get a draw at least.

You guys are playing at a higher level now anyway
Reply 3730
Liverpool has 28 GF as of Matchweek 12. The number of goals Liverpool will score in the Premier League this season will be determined by (28+n), while n is the number of marks (out of 80) I will get in my Physics or Chemistry mock, the higher one of the 2.
Do you think it is a good motivation?
Reply 3731
Original post by Mushi_master

I think that we will get a 0-0 draw. We may struggle to break down defences of Mourinho (park the bus) tactic.
Mandatory I'm not a racist disclaimer; but Salah fans who I assume to be Egyptian are toxic af.
Original post by TaintedLight
Mandatory I'm not a racist disclaimer; but Salah fans who I assume to be Egyptian are toxic af.

The twitter/Facebookverse creating a war with him against Mané?

Should all be thrilled that we get to have both, at the same time.
Reply 3734
Original post by TaintedLight

I'm not racist but.

Assumes all of them are Egyptian.

Looool how memeish is this. Honestly should have just said the statement without the I'm not racist bit and I'd believe you aren't.

You're not racist but just unawares.
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Salah, Gomez, Lallana, Origi
1-0 Tomkins
Disallowed by VAR
Original post by mr tim
Disallowed by VAR

As it should have been - clear foul on Lovren and anyone that disagrees clearly doesn’t understand it’s against the rules to push players over...

Maybe it’ll be a wake up call because we’ve been absurdly terrible. Palace is probably our toughest fixture in the run-in, but we should still be causing them more problems than this.
(edited 4 years ago)
MANE!!!!!

Latest