The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ospina signs for Napoli on loan with an option for permanent. I guess that is one move that won't happen for Mignolet now..
Why does Ramos have to be such an idiot about Klopp? Not that it matters as I think this season Liverpool are going to be the better team if they meet again.

Real Madrid are going backwards and Liverpool are getting better.
Klavan to leave :sob:

Liverpool centre-back Ragnar Klavan is close to joining Serie A side Cagliari in a £2m deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45220161
Reply 23
Klavan transfer confirmed
Reply 24
Grujic set to go out on loan to Hertha BSC after extending his contract.
Reply 25
Second game of the season and it already feels like a must win.
Original post by Pn94
Second game of the season and it already feels like a must win.

I think every game will feel like a must win even if we had a 5 point lead in the league!

The same line-up as our last game? At least the players won't be complacent after the Man Utd loss. Crystal Palace are a good side. I do wonder how defensive Hodgson will play when they're at home and have some good attacking players.
Reply 27
Karius 2 year loan deal with a view for perm with Beskitas. £2.25m loan fee and if perm £7.25m. Mignolet set to be on the bench tonight.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by mr tim
Karius 2 year loan deal with a view for perm. £2.25m loan fee and if perm £7.25m. Mignolet set to be on the bench tonight.

I like this.

Mignolet isn’t a good #1 but he’ll be a great back up and he’s a really supportive guy to have in the dressing room.

Karius is still young but considering his CL final issues and the fact we bought Alisson, he probably made the right move there. Really is a shame because he was relatively solid all season but it just unwravelled in the worst possible game.
Original post by Lúcio
I like this.

Mignolet isn’t a good #1 but he’ll be a great back up and he’s a really supportive guy to have in the dressing room.

Karius is still young but considering his CL final issues and the fact we bought Alisson, he probably made the right move there. Really is a shame because he was relatively solid all season but it just unwravelled in the worst possible game.

See I think it's strange.. I thought Mignolet wanted to leave for first team football? His wages must be pretty high too from when he signed that 5 year deal?

Why not just sell Karius if you're going to loan him for 2 years? He's got 3 years left I think so if he spends 2 years on loan, why would you get any sort of fee for a player with 1 year left?

EDIT: should've read a little more!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/20/loris-karius-besiktas-liverpool-alisson

The deal would become a permanent £7.25m transfer should Besiktas qualify for Europe and Karius play a sufficient number of matches. Liverpool would also receive 20% of any future fee from the Turkish club, who made only a loan offer for Mignolet and not the permanent terms that his employers wanted. Karius is expected to sign a one-year extension to his Liverpool contract before finalising the loan so as to protect his valuation should he return to Anfield.

When did we become so good in the transfer market?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Zerforax
When did we become so good in the transfer market?

Edwards. That’s how.

He’s actually a God. Our dealings in recent years have honestly been insane...

Excited for tonight - love watching us play nowadays but also really wary of Palace who have some good players going forward.
Reply 31
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Lallana, Shaqiri, Sturridge

Unchanged XI.
Reply 32
I missed this ffs
Reply 33
The cheerleaders are so cringeworthy and just there to try and bag some reserve team footballer ****.
Reply 34
Gomez pulling Zaha back when he is going nowhere is one of the most annoying things in football. Managers should just fine them for nonsense like that.
Reply 35
So Keita looks alright
Reply 36
Original post by Louis.
So Keita looks alright

****ing curse :rofl:
Reply 37
Original post by Louis.
So Keita looks alright

Reply 38
Did nobody get booked for tackling Firminho from behind?
Reply 39
Zaha got a free kick for falling over the ball :lolwut:

Latest