The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Welcome to the 16th Edition of the Liverpool Football Club thread!

:lfc2::lfc2::lfc2::lfc2::lfc2:

Our 16th Edition mascot is Andrew Robertson.

Liverpool Football Club Honours:

Spoiler

Previous threads:

Spoiler

gd twe bossman x any bets on tonight?
aint got a dog to steal luv
Reply 582
Original post by Rk2k14
Salah disappearing when he doesn't get 5 chances a game.

Absolute system player.

Loooool.
Original post by bj27
I agree. Liverpool have the best tools to win the league this season tbh.

Facts.
Original post by Zerforax
I'm not surprised everyone was confident about wining before the game last night. Before the game, Red Star had one point from 3 games and we had beat them 4-nil.

No idea what went wrong as I missed the first hour but Klopp must regret rotating in Lallana and Sturridge. Front 3 haven't been great either.

Shaqiri has to come in at the weekend. Not sure who else we rotate in.

Don’t normally criticise the manager, but Klopp basically did everything wrong in that game. Selection was terrible and his substitutions were just dumb. Our midfield was the clear issue but he brings on a defender and forward at HT?
We had Naby Keita on the bench for crying out loud - if he’s fit enough to travel he’s fit enough to be brought on and add creativity to an abject midfield.

People praising some magnificent Red Star display last night clearly didn’t watch the game - they were awful but we just happened to be much worse. As soon as they went ahead they could just stick 10 men behind the ball. Not hard to defend when your opponent has already given up...
They’ll get battered by PSG and Napoli so let’s not pretend they will do us any favours.

Couldn’t care less who he fields at the weekend but if we don’t beat Fulham at home I’m gonna absolutely lose it.
I love Liverpool, now they play pretty well
Original post by Lúcio
Don’t normally criticise the manager, but Klopp basically did everything wrong in that game. Selection was terrible and his substitutions were just dumb. Our midfield was the clear issue but he brings on a defender and forward at HT?
We had Naby Keita on the bench for crying out loud - if he’s fit enough to travel he’s fit enough to be brought on and add creativity to an abject midfield.

People praising some magnificent Red Star display last night clearly didn’t watch the game - they were awful but we just happened to be much worse. As soon as they went ahead they could just stick 10 men behind the ball. Not hard to defend when your opponent has already given up...
They’ll get battered by PSG and Napoli so let’s not pretend they will do us any favours.

Couldn’t care less who he fields at the weekend but if we don’t beat Fulham at home I’m gonna absolutely lose it.

Form of 3 wins in the last 9 - most recent first: L D W W W D L D L

Doesn't look great.. Hopefully Fulham continue to be terrible and then we have the international break for Klopp to have a rethink.
Reply 587
Next game prediction: LIV 4-0 FUL (alternate 3-0 or 5-0)
We hope to bounce back from our loss at Red Star. Fulham are the worst team in the league so far, and when we previously played a newly promoted team (Cardiff) at home we scored 4 past them. It is expected that we will rotate to 4-2-3-1 and score at least 3-4 goals past Fulham. RIP
Slaviša Jokanović, you will be sacked soon after your next game!
this guy defo a dupe
Fulham having conceded 29 in 11 games doesn't really bode well. Liverpool are at home and Klopp will probably demand a reaction.

Although in this run of form.. I'll take any kind of win!
Reply 590
Fully expect a van dijk masterclass
Reply 591
Fulham having conceded 29 in 11 games doesn't really bode well. Liverpool are at home and Klopp will probably demand a reaction.

Although in this run of form.. I'll take any kind of win!

Your bad run of form is one game, before that it was 3 wins and 2 draws vs City and Arsenal
Original post by bj27
Fully expect a van dijk masterclass

Thoughts on if he's the best CB in the Premier League?

He was pretty ridiculously good against Arsenal and could've had a hattrick.
Original post by difeo
Your bad run of form is one game, before that it was 3 wins and 2 draws vs City and Arsenal

Need to win if we want to win the league though.

As above, form of 3 wins in the last 9 - most recent first: L D W W W D L D L

What worries me more is we've not had a good performance or a run of quality performances yet. We've been getting results but doesn't look like we've managed to get out of second gear in any game. Just a massive contrast to last season where we looked sensational at times.
Reply 594
Yeah in terms of results I'd be happy with Liverpool so far, defo look like league winners like 8013 is suggesting. Performances haven't been great since start of October though. Played decent vs Chelsea, but were poor against arsenal imo. I think you need Keita in the side.
Original post by Malevolent
Great start to the season for you lot. Milner is fantastic, every team needs a player like him.

no they dont
milner is ancient
harry arter is BOSS
Original post by Bryci
Sturridge :love:

aint good at all
profer big mitro
at least he dont get his legs snapped from walking
Original post by bj27
Yeah in terms of results I'd be happy with Liverpool so far, defo look like league winners like 8013 is suggesting. Performances haven't been great since start of October though. Played decent vs Chelsea, but were poor against arsenal imo. I think you need Keita in the side.

Keita hasn't really settled. We're missing Henderson and Firmino not being in form is hurting us.

If one of the front 3 could hit a purple patch then it would mask a lot of issues. Need people to peak at different times and not all in form or out of form at the same time..
Reply 598
Thoughts on if he's the best CB in the Premier League?

He was pretty ridiculously good against Arsenal and could've had a hattrick.

Weird situation, cbs dependent on pairing and actual organisation. But top 3 definitely. Rudiger and stones high up too and obviously kompany
Original post by Hazard28
this guy defo a dupe

Elaborate bot.

Mr tim meets Jam style trolling as a undercover LFC supporter.

Latest