Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    City draw to Wolves and drop 2 points. We can't *** the momentum up and mess up today. Also one of Tottenham or UTD will drop points on Monday.

I need to stop getting carried away tho..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Lallana, Shaqiri, Sturridge

same XI 3rd game in a row. Bench unchanged from Mon.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit off at the moment. The touch and passing is coming across a little bit lazy.

ReputationRep:
    Keeper gets a free kick for running into Firmino, standing on his legs and elbowing him in the ribs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Two season ago we would've lost this 2-1

We didn't play well at all but still won so whatever.

Allison saving us right at the end, after them edgy encounters with Murray xD

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a fantastic performance and Brighton grafted hard but when you have some quality players at either end (Alisson with a couple of good saves and Salah clinical again) then you can pull out the 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    Similarly to last game, another strong showing by our defence to hold on to a lead against a very handy side.
    Forwards still seem a little off it but when you have Van Dijk and Alisson, one goal is all you need sometimes.

Wijnaldum MOTM for me though - he is just so tidy in midfield and his ability to hold on to the ball is just unreal. He’s really seeming to prosper in the middle of the park for us right now, and when we introduce Henderson/Fabinho, it releases him to move forward well too.

We haven’t had the hardest fixtures so far but all I’d say is that the teams we’ve faced (West Ham, Palace, Brighton) are all very capable and could easily beat you if you are complacent.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A lot of showboating from Allison, you can tell it's going to bite him in the ass eventually.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius loan confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard28)
    A lot of showboating from Allison, you can tell it's going to bite him in the ass eventually.
    I think everybody here knows that he’s gonna cost us a few needless goals this season through mistakes at the back simply because of the risks he takes.

However you have to weigh that against the goals he brings with his composure and brilliant passing.

ReputationRep:
    You just know the moment he ****s up he will become a living meme 😂😂😂😂
    (Original post by Hazard28)

ReputationRep:
    Allison making Knockaert look like a clown whilst we make him look like prime Robben.

Fade me.

ReputationRep:
    Can't complain about 3 wins in 3. Gomez-VVD is all we'd hoped it'd be. Been quite underwhelmed by Keita so far though. Except the odd flash here and there, he hasn't impacted games much - especially the last two. Isn't as fast or physical as some said either. Aware it's still very early days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Can't complain about 3 wins in 3. Gomez-VVD is all we'd hoped it'd be. Been quite underwhelmed by Keita so far though. Except the odd flash here and there, he hasn't impacted games much - especially the last two. Isn't as fast or physical as some said either. Aware it's still very early days.
    I think when Fabinho comes in and he gets more settled, we’ll see his best.

Hard for him to adjust to a team who are already so cohesive, and there’s a lot of expectation on him too.
    The flashes we’ve seen have been world class in places though but I agree that at times he has been a bit loose in possession.

A lot of time to go and it isn’t like we don’t have plenty of midfielders to rotate with if needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    There's been some loose passes but his ability to carry the ball is impressive. Adds another dimension to our midfield who could be a bit flat with some trios we played last season. Some flashes of brilliance in there so I can see how he could become great for us.

September is brutal for us.

Leicester (A)
    Spurs (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Chelsea (A)

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Fabinho I don't see where he plays. Is he genuinely better than henderson? I rate hendersons ability to ping long passes to the sides which is underrated. Fabinho isn't particularly the most amazing passer even if he can pick one.

I reckon its like with gundogan/Bernardo Silva where you just rotate depending on form and tactical reasons.

Also, spurs looking like real contenders, think they might actually win it this year. They need maybe one or two Jan signings for depth. I. E. A viable eriksen backup. They're fine enough without Kane personally with son/lucas/llorente. Top 4 is kinda obvious right now though. Arsenal have too much work to do(they'll be a threat next season though) and Utd are a threat too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj27)
    Fabinho I don't see where he plays. Is he genuinely better than henderson? I rate hendersons ability to ping long passes to the sides which is underrated. Fabinho isn't particularly the most amazing passer even if he can pick one.

I reckon its like with gundogan/Bernardo Silva where you just rotate depending on form and tactical reasons.

Also, spurs looking like real contenders, think they might actually win it this year. They need maybe one or two Jan signings for depth. I. E. A viable eriksen backup. They're fine enough without Kane personally with son/lucas/llorente. Top 4 is kinda obvious right now though. Arsenal have too much work to do(they'll be a threat next season though) and Utd are a threat too.
    I would say defensively Fabinho should be better considering he has played at DM and RB whereas Henderson was only moved to DM last season and was always a box to box midfielder, remains to be seen if he is an improvement in that respect.

Henderson's long range passing is better but Fabinho is better on the ball, can turn and pick out a forward pass under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj27)
    Also, spurs looking like real contenders, think they might actually win it this year. They need maybe one or two Jan signings for depth. I. E. A viable eriksen backup
    Aye..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaissance-Man)
    Aye..
    There's no real weakness in their first 11, what has always killed them is having to use guys like sissoko for an extended period of time but lamela is back now.

Take it this way spurs backup Fullbacks are better than uniteds first choice, same for their 3rd choice CB, it's eriksen and dembele that keeps things ticking and there is no direct replacement for such a player. Maybe he might develop winks but he's currently nowhere near that level required to come in if dembele was out for 3 months. City on the other hand can put in Bernardo Silva or gundogan if de Bruyne is out for 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj27)
    Also, spurs looking like real contenders, think they might actually win it this year. They need maybe one or two Jan signings for depth. I. E. A viable eriksen backup.
    The problem with quality depth is that unless you're willing to pay big wages and/or have big pulling power e.g. Manchester City at the moment with Pep, there's no reason why a good player will join you on transfer when they know they definitely won't be starting ahead of Eriksen outside of cup games since he's better and Poch won't want to risk losing games in a title race.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.