The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Spurs may be in better form but they have already lost 4 times this season. That said, I think I saw some stats somewhere which showed that Spurs usually have a better second half of a season than first half.

Going to be a cracking second half of a season!

I see what you mean... :biggrin:
Original post by a-rose02
Feel like he’s been on too good of a form to put him on the bench; think Keïta will probably replace him after half time though

I agree, I was more assuming more solidity over Shaq creativity but I always love to see Shaqiri start the form he's in.
This is exactly why I wasn’t afraid of Spurs - they don’t control games in the way that title challengers do, and their defence looks an absolute shambles when someone is running at them.

We’re up against an Arsenal team this evening that could well take points off us, but Spurs have lost the ability to capitalise.
1-0 Arsenal
Reply 984
Good goal, **** celebration, looks like a prick doing it.
Reply 985
1-1 Firminho
Reply 986
2-1 Firminho
Lollll Arsenal’s defence

Firmino second goal is sick tho
Reply 988
Time for some delicious crumble.
Reply 989
3-1 Mane
Reply 990
Oliver refereeing context rather than laws. Weak refereeing as always.
PENALTY!
Salah!!! 4-1
See, it was only ever about how many you scored. You're playing against STATUES
Tbh this is going to be worse than the large defeat at Anfield a few years back, only back then Wenger did not get rid of defensive liabilities. If Emery does not get rid of these defenders he's going to be sacked because this will happen again.
Scoreline aside, I’m actually frustrated by our performance. We’ve made some sloppy mistakes in defence/midfield and have given away possession in key areas way too often.
We’re comfortably winning because Arsenal’s defence is shambolic. Against any other top 6 side, it would be much closer.

Emery will go all out now - Lacazette will be coming on which means they might switch to a 4 man defence. Best thing we can do there is to counter with long balls behind their painfully slow defence.

Let’s not forget our history in conceding goals to Arsenal. 4-1 looks great but you never know against their firepower.
Love that Salah isn't trying to stay on his feet anymore tbh, someone's had a word from a couple weeks ago clearly.
Original post by James.Carnell
Tbh this is going to be worse than the large defeat at Anfield a few years back, only back then Wenger did not get rid of defensive liabilities. If Emery does not get rid of these defenders he's going to be sacked because this will happen again.

Emery needs time and money, it's taken Klopp over two seasons and £150m+ to sort out the car crash of a defence he inherited when he first started.
Original post by Lúcio
Scoreline aside, I’m actually frustrated by our performance. We’ve made some sloppy mistakes in defence/midfield and have given away possession in key areas way too often.
We’re comfortably winning because Arsenal’s defence is shambolic. Against any other top 6 side, it would be much closer.

Emery will go all out now - Lacazette will be coming on which means they might switch to a 4 man defence. Best thing we can do there is to counter with long balls behind their painfully slow defence.

Let’s not forget our history in conceding goals to Arsenal. 4-1 looks great but you never know against their firepower.

3-1 and 4-0 last two times you hosted Arsenal. And before you bought VVD. The 2-2 and 3-3 were when you weren't title challengers so that's forgotten.
Reply 999
Original post by So Instinct
Love that Salah isn't trying to stay on his feet anymore tbh, someone's had a word from a couple weeks ago clearly.

He will get moaned at for it but he should go down. He was fouled but wouldn’t get it unless he goes down, completely the referees fault.

Idiot commentators talking about being cup tied for the Champions League. There should be a basic test before you are allowed to talk about football in football.

Latest