The Student Room Group

Applied more than 4 months ago. DESPERATE!

Hi,

I had already applied for student finance support in March. In these months, I received 2-3 letters from student finance service asking me for more evidence and a detailed list of the addresses where I lived during these 3 years.

I sent all evidence I had got and the list too (to be specific, I sent it twice).

I also asked for the return of the original copy of one of my work contracts. Nothing.

Living in Italy, I wasted like 30€ in useless phone calls in which SFE staff just repeated the same thing.

What should I do next? Send another letter? Waiting for another reply?

Thank you so much
Kind regards

Vera
Hi Vera

If we have requested evidence from you, and you have sent this to us. It can take us some time to process your information depending on when we received this. If you have yet to receive an update on your application, you will need to contact us to discuss this.

You can contact us via Facebook where we have the facilities to verify you and access your account to check the progress of your application.

Thanks
Gerard
Reply 2
Hi Gerald,

Thank you for you reply. I called your assistance service and one of our assessor told me that maybe the problem is that I sent my work contract (written in Spanish) without its English translation.

I would like to ask you: which kind of translations do you consider valid? Certified, apostilled, notarised?
Or you will simply require that the translator demonstrates:

[ul]
[li]that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’[/li]
[li]the date of the translation[/li]
[li]the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company[/li]
[/ul]
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi Vera

If we have requested evidence from you, and you have sent this to us. It can take us some time to process your information depending on when we received this. If you have yet to receive an update on your application, you will need to contact us to discuss this.

You can contact us via Facebook where we have the facilities to verify you and access your account to check the progress of your application.

Thanks
Gerard
Original post by Vera88
Hi Gerald,

Thank you for you reply. I called your assistance service and one of our assessor told me that maybe the problem is that I sent my work contract (written in Spanish) without its English translation.

I would like to ask you: which kind of translations do you consider valid? Certified, apostilled, notarised?
Or you will simply require that the translator demonstrates:

[ul]
[li]that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’[/li]
[li]the date of the translation[/li]
[li]the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company[/li]
[/ul]

Hi Vera,

These documents needs to be translated professional. All of the above would need to be confirmed.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending