The Student Room Group

Predict your gcse results 2018

Scroll to see replies

Great predictions
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by martimrgp
Thanks! As.you said, the more the better :P. Good luck with your results :smile:

What do you plan to do for A levels??
Reply 22
Original post by cherry1011
What do you plan to do for A levels??

Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. I'm also doing the EPQ along with Olympiads in the 3 sciences and maths. Debating competitions, public speaking, further reading, etc. I'll make a GYG Thread in the beginning of September where I'll talk about it in more detail. :smile:
Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. I'm also doing the EPQ along with Olympiads in the 3 sciences and maths. Debating competitions, public speaking, further reading, etc. I'll make a GYG Thread in the beginning of September where I'll talk about it in more detail. :smile:

I’m defo interested in the EPQ but I’m not entirely sure what it consists of?
Reply 24
I’m defo interested in the EPQ but I’m not entirely sure what it consists of?

It's basically a 5000 word project with a subject of your choice (virtually anything), I think you do planning, source, analysing the sources, etc.
It's basically a 5000 word project with a subject of your choice (virtually anything), I think you do planning, source, analysing the sources, etc.

That actually sounds great and it gets treated as another qualification to your name right?
Reply 26
That actually sounds great and it gets treated as another qualification to your name right?

Yes, it counts as an AS (not full A Level) and it helps with your application to university, specially if it's related to your course.
Did 10 GCSEs this year (+ad maths) and am hoping to get 7s and above in all of them (A* for German and French) who knows though 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by TheChoconator
Thanks! :biggrin:
I did maths last year and got a 9, although i had to beg my maths teacher pretty hard to submit me for it.

I'll make sure to update it when i get my results.

Wow! That is exceptional! :eek: You already have very respectable maths credentials under your belt. You seem like an 'all-rounder' type of student - what A-levels do you plan on studying?
Original post by Tolgarda
Wow! That is exceptional! :eek: You already have very respectable maths credentials under your belt. You seem like an 'all-rounder' type of student - what A-levels do you plan on studying?

Thats very nice of you to say! :smile: Although I think I'm stronger in maths and science than I am in essay based subjects.

I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics as my a levels. What about you?
Original post by TheChoconator
Thats very nice of you to say! :smile: Although I think I'm stronger in maths and science than I am in essay based subjects.

I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics as my a levels. What about you?

Nice combination! I plan on studying English literature, English language and mathematics at A-level.

Also, you said that you had to implore your teacher for you to be entered early for maths; what was their reaction when they saw that you got the top grade?
(edited 5 years ago)
1. predicted results/what I think I'll get
English Lit AQA8/7
English lang AQA 9/8
Maths AQA8/7 or 6
Biology AQA 8/7 or 6
Chemistry AQA 8/7 or 8
Physics AQA 7/5
Geography AQA 7/6 or 7
French AQA7/ 5 or 4
Art AQA 5/ 6 or 7
R.e EDEXEL 7/6 or 7
child development AQA B/ D or E

3. How I felt?
Lol I had no motivation to revise - had to force myself and basically hated the entire experience.

4... I'll update when I get my results :smile:
Predicted/ expected
Maths 8/ 8 or a 9 if I’m lucky
English lit 8/ 7
English Lang 7/7
Science 8:9/7:8
German😂😂 5/3
Geography 7/7
RE 7/ 6 or 7
Film studies A/ A
Anyone here did edexcel geography b? If so how did you find the exams?
Original post by igneousrock56
Anyone here did edexcel geography b? If so how did you find the exams?

I did AQA geography! It was alright I guess besides paper 1 how about for edexcel?
I did AQA geography! It was alright I guess besides paper 1 how about for edexcel?

honestly i don't know how the exam went, i ran out of time in paper 2 along with several other people in the school and had to rush it
just hope i can get a 6
Original post by igneousrock56
honestly i don't know how the exam went, i ran out of time in paper 2 along with several other people in the school and had to rush it
just hope i can get a 6

Good luck xx
Reply 37
Predicted | Expected

Edexcel

Biology 7 | 8 (possibly a 9)
Chemistry 7 | 7
Physics 7 | 7
Citizenship 7 | 7
Maths 7 | 7

Aqa

English lang 8 | 7
English Literature 8 | 8
Psychology A | A* still old spec
Spanish 7 | 6

Ocr b
Geography 7 | 7

Also have 2 Gcses in Art and Chinese both A* looking forward to getting the certificates finally

Exams went great mostly except 2 in Spanish and 2 in Geography. English language I didn't really like either.
Good luck xx

Thank you wish you all the best
I did edexcel geog b and I found paper 1&3 okay but paper 2 was awful and I ran out of time

Quick Reply

Latest