Jealous sister ruining my life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have a 32 year/old sister who lives at home without paying rent. She has become extremely unpleasant to me since I got a first in my degree despite her constant sabotage attempts (distractions, neediness)
She always gives people filthy looks and is patronizing and sarcastic in conversation.
She continually comes into my room and steals my belongings and uses my most expensive products until they are empty. I even gave her my own clothes but she still wants more. This is the very reason her only best-friend went no-contact with her (she stole off her constantly).
She has no relationship with my other sister who she bullied relentlessly as they grew up together. She was also violent to me numerous times when I was a child and I have flash-backs still.
She now has a poorly paid job, few friends, no relationship and even her family have a poor opinion of her (she takes this out on me).
I find it sad but I find her unbearable.
I feel that having to live in this toxic environment will destroy my chances of a bright future.
Is there any way to remove me from this situation? Any advice?
Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have you tried talking to your parents about this ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Yes, they keep saying 'this is what she's like' and 'you talk to her'. They work all day so it's difficult for them to manage what goes on at home I suppose.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It sounds like she's quite insecure and probably feels jealous about your life compared to her own. She lives at home at 32 (not necessarily a bad thing but most people have their own place by that age so it's not really seen as ~normal~), has a poorly paid job, few friends, no boyfriend/girlfriend, and her younger sister has just graduated with a first...so it's easy to see why she'd be resentful. I think talking to her one-on-one is a good idea, maybe she's different on her own when she doesn't have to put on a front?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a 32 year/old sister who lives at home without paying rent. She has become extremely unpleasant to me since I got a first in my degree despite her constant sabotage attempts (distractions, neediness)
She always gives people filthy looks and is patronizing and sarcastic in conversation.
She continually comes into my room and steals my belongings and uses my most expensive products until they are empty. I even gave her my own clothes but she still wants more. This is the very reason her only best-friend went no-contact with her (she stole off her constantly).
She has no relationship with my other sister who she bullied relentlessly as they grew up together. She was also violent to me numerous times when I was a child and I have flash-backs still.
She now has a poorly paid job, few friends, no relationship and even her family have a poor opinion of her (she takes this out on me).
I find it sad but I find her unbearable.
I feel that having to live in this toxic environment will destroy my chances of a bright future.
Is there any way to remove me from this situation? Any advice?
I think I'd get my own place or a lock for my bedroom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.49%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed